Are you searching for an exhilarating and enjoyable attraction for your amusement park, theme park, or backyard? Want to amaze your guests with a distinctive, thrilling ride that will have them screaming with joy? If yes, backyard roller coasters might be just what you want.
These miniature versions of the roller coasters found in large theme parks are specifically crafted to fit into smaller spaces like backyards, gardens, or parks. Moreover, they are more budget-friendly, easier to install, and cheaper to operate than their full-sized counterparts.
Before purchasing a backyard roller coaster, you may have inquiries such as:
– What are the advantages of backyard roller coasters?
– What is the cost of backyard roller coasters, including the initial purchase and operational expenses?
– How secure are backyard roller coasters, and what maintenance is necessary?
– What is the time frame for installing a backyard roller coaster, and what does the process entail?
– What design and customization options are available for backyard roller coasters, and can they be tailored to different themes and spaces?
We’ve compiled a comprehensive guide on backyard roller coasters to address these questions. This guide covers everything you need to know, from features and specifications to installation, maintenance, design, and customization.
Discover why Sinorides is your top choice for backyard roller coasters. As a leading amusement ride manufacturer, Sinorides boasts 28 years of industry expertise, having served over 120 countries. Our diverse selection includes backyard roller coasters of varying shapes, sizes, and speeds to cater to your preferences. Additionally, we offer theme park design services, backyard roller coaster kits, and customizable parts. Count on Sinorides’ 24/7 customer service team for shipping, installation, maintenance, and more assistance.
For more information on backyard roller coasters and why Sinorides is your ideal partner, click the link below to explore our guide. You won’t be disappointed!
- What is a Backyard Roller Coaster?
- How Much Is A Backyard Roller Coaster?
- How Much Electricity Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Use?
- How Long Does It Take To Build A Backyard Roller Coaster?
- Why Do Backyard Roller Coasters Always Start By Going Uphill?
- What Materials Can You Use To Make A Backyard Roller Coaster?
- What Are The Seats On A Backyard Roller Coaster Called?
- What Are The Cheapest Backyard Roller Coasters?
- How To Choose Backyard Roller Coaster Rides For Park?
- What Are The Safety Requirements For The Backyard Roller Coaster?
- What Type Of Track Is Required For The Backyard Roller Coaster?
- How Much Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Cost?
- How Much Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Train Weight?
- How Much Weight Can A Backyard Mouse Roller Coaster Hold?
- Where Can I Buy Backyard Roller Coaster Parts?
- What Are The Best Backyard Roller Coaster Layouts?
- What Are The Main Parts Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
- What Are The Most Common Types Of Backyard Roller Coaster?
- What Are The Different Types Of Lifts A Backyard Roller Coaster Can Have?
- What Makes A Successful Backyard Roller Coaster?
- How Do You Increase The Speed Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
- How Much Horsepower Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Have?
- How Fast Is A Normal Backyard Roller Coaster?
- Which Type Of Magnet Do Backyard Roller Coasters Use For Braking?
- Does Weight Affect Backyard Roller Coaster Speed?
- What Are The Benefits Of Backyard Roller Coaster For Park Owners?
- What Is The Specification For Motor For Backyard Roller Coaster?
- What Type Of Paint Do You Use For Backyard Roller Coaster?
- How To Install Backyard Roller Coaster?
- How To Choose The Best Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturer In China?
- How do you control and cut your backyard roller coaster ride purchasing costs?
- How do you avoid damaging backyard roller coaster ride equipment during shipping?
- Why Is SINORIDES Amusement Park Ride Price Higher Than Others?
- Can The Backyard Roller Coaster Be Customized?
- What Is The Warranty Time Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
- What Is The Delivery Time Of A Backyard Roller Coaster From China?
- Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Help Design the Park?
- Can I Order One Set Of Backyard Roller Coasters?
- What is the shipping method for a backyard roller coaster from China?
- Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Accept OEM?
- What Is The Packing Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
- What Kind Of Payment Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufactures Accept In China?
- Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Provide Installation Services?
- Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Provide after-sales services?
- What Is The Best Certified Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturer?
- How Do Backyard Roller Coaster Seats Lock?
- How Safe Are Backyard Roller Coasters?
- How To Repair Backyard Roller Coasters?
- How To Maintain Backyard Roller Coasters?
- How To Make Backyard Roller Coasters Ride Safe?
- How Are Backyard Roller Coasters Rides Made?
- What Are The Different Factors Considered While Buying The Backyard Roller Coasters?
- How do you check the quality of the backyard roller coaster ride?
- How do you ensure the safety of backyard roller coaster rides?
- What Is The Quality Certifications For Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
- What Are The Safety Instructions for Riding Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
- What Are The Other Names Of Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
- Who Can Ride The Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
- How Much Space Do Backyard Roller Coasters Ride Need For Working?
- What is the difference between China’s backyard and a European backyard roller coaster ride?
- What do you do when the backyard roller coaster ride breaks down during work?
- Who Does The Inspection Of The Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
- Do Backyard Roller Coaster Ride Manufacturers Charge For Training? How Much In Charge?
- How Do I Know My Backyard Roller Coaster Ride Needs Replacement?
- How do you reduce the repair and maintenance costs for backyard roller coaster rides?
- What Factors Are Considered While Inspecting The Backyard Roller Coasters?
What is a Backyard Roller Coaster?
The backyard roller coaster is a rustic roller coaster that is affordable for all amusement parks and facilities.
It is a simple structure with little creativity that can be used in forests and mountainous lands where the earthy tones and low-velocity ride for kids specifically.
What is a Backyard roller coaster?
How Much Is A Backyard Roller Coaster?
Backyard roller coaster costs range from $3,000 to $80,000.
It is dependent on a combination of factors:
Roller Coaster made of Steel by Sinorides
Backyard Roller Coaster (Track) made from Steel
Backyard Roller Coaster (Track) made from Wood
The primary cost of the backyard roller coasters depends on the material used.
Backyard Roller Coasters have minimal manufacturing costs because their primary components are Wood and Steel.
While Steel is a reliable material, Wood is a little cheaper.
Structure –Surface Area and Design:
The cost of a backyard roller coaster increases the design layout’s Length and intricacy.
Manufacturing, shipping, and installation procedures:
The costs of a backyard roller coaster depend on the manufacturer because the profit margins estimated, labor costs, taxes, shipping costs, and other overhead costs vary for every local and international manufacturer.
European manufacturers may be considered the best, but they are usually costly.
Chinese manufacturers are recommended for a very straightforward reason.
As they are cost-effective and reliable, they compete well with European manufacturers.
How Much Electricity Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Use?
Multiple factors are involved in the calculation of the electricity used.
- number of motors used
- number of lifts used to lift the vehicle
- speed of the lifts
- weight on the ride
- size and weight of the vehicle
How much electricity will the Backyard Roller Coaster cost
How Long Does It Take To Build A Backyard Roller Coaster?
There is a short list of things that must be considered before you set a tentative date for the completion of your backyard roller coaster:
- Design & layout chosen for the ride
- Height & Length decided for the track
- Material used to build the ride
- Number of labor employed
- Manufacturer selected for the task
The average roller coaster from Wood takes eight months to build, while a backyard roller coaster takes 30-60 days.
Moreover, if you plan to build a theme park, then you must keep a timeline of two to eight months in your mind.
Why Do Backyard Roller Coasters Always Start By Going Uphill?
Under ordinary circumstances, roller coasters don’t have an engine to move the train forward.
This is why the backyard roller coaster train is lifted uphill first by lifts and then released.
Potential energy is constantly converted back and forth into kinetic and potential energy; this process helps the train store the energy and embrace it for momentum.
It proves that even the most straightforward roller coaster structures do not require engines to operate.
Backyard Roller Coaster for Kids
What Materials Can You Use To Make A Backyard Roller Coaster?
Although typical Roller Coasters comprise numerous parts of different materials, a backyard roller coaster is mainly made of Wood and Steel.
Major manufacturers in China are also planning for the future.
The significant plans indicate that advanced steel and aluminum alloys must be used for construction to improve the utility of local resources.
Materials to Make the Backyard Coaster
What Are The Seats On A Backyard Roller Coaster Called?
They are often referred to as passenger seats or just seats.
The seats on a backyard roller coaster do not have any specific name.
Backyard Roller Coaster Seats
What Are The Cheapest Backyard Roller Coasters?
The cost of a roller coaster depends on the following:
- Material: Quality of Wood and Steel used
- Height and Length of the track
- Type, Design, and Layout
- Seating Capacity
- Number of Trains
- Covered Area
- Motor Power
- Manufacturing and shipping costs
- Shipping, Installation, and Maintenance Costs
It is significant to note that a backyard roller coaster made out of Wood would be the most affordable choice of roller coaster as compared to other types of rides.
How To Choose Backyard Roller Coaster Rides For Park?
Thematic Backyard Roller Coaster
A few factors must be considered when choosing a roller coaster for your amusement park. The concern doubles when you choose a backyard rollercoaster.
Look for the Size suitable for your Park:
The arena’s Size is the first factor to remember after selecting the backyard roller coaster.
Check for the Length, height, and area.
You can be a little more creative and go ahead with personalized designs for backyard roller coasters, depending on the area of your Park.
Depending upon your business’s Size, you can choose a backyard roller coaster with a passenger capacity of 2, 4, 8, and so on.
Power and Speed:
Check for the maximum speed of the ride; for the typical roller coaster, it could be as high as you like.
You can also cross the limit of 130 mph if you plan on introducing something fast and forward.
Each roller coaster type has a different power requirement; check if you can fulfill that requirement in your Park.
Weight capacity & number of people seated:
Each roller coaster has a different weight capacity.
Make your decisions after a detailed analysis of the details!
A roller coaster could have 1, 2, 4, or more cars/trains.
Choose the best suited depending upon your customer base.
What Are The Safety Requirements For The Backyard Roller Coaster?
Some of the essential safety features that every backyard roller coaster requires include:
- Reliable Braking System: a computer-operated or manually overridden braking system to safely stop the ride is essential for the safety of each backyard roller coaster ride operating at a higher altitude.
Compressed air systems are often selected due to their straightforward operation.
- Locking Wheels: Backyard roller coaster trains typically have a set of wheels that run underneath the track (up-stop, underfriction, or under-locking wheels), on top of the track (road or running wheels), as well as on the sides of the track (side friction or guide wheels). However, the location of these wheels on a train can vary depending on the manufacturer.
These wheels lock the train to the tracks, preventing it from jumping too much.
- Computerized Operating System: A reliable, automatic operating system is essential for operating Backyard roller coasters instead of humans alone.
This helps to reduce the errors and distractions that could lead to physical damage or trauma to the riders.
- Anti-Collision System: A safety system should be included to eliminate collisions and unnecessary ground-level accidents.
- Restraints: For passenger safety, restraints like seat belts, over-the-shoulder restraints, and lap bar restraints seem like the perfect match.
- The Safety Chain Dog: Better known as the ‘safety ratchet,’ it prevents the coaster cars from offside slippage.
It implies that the cars are restricted from falling backward on steep slopes.
What Type Of Track Is Required For The Backyard Roller Coaster?
A specially designed track made out of Wood or Steel is required.
The track’s material and design must be efficient enough to enable the train (without engine and only kinetic energy) to complete the entire course under stressful weather conditions.
Backyard Roller Coaster in Green Park
How Much Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Cost?
The average roller coaster cost ranges from $ 3,500 to $ 80,000.
The total depends on the Size, material used, manufacturer, design, seating capacity, taxes, etc.
How Much Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Train Weight?
The train’s weight depends on Size, seating capacity, and material.
How Much Does Backyard Roller Coaster Seats Weigh
How Much Weight Can A Backyard Mouse Roller Coaster Hold?
The weight capacity of all backyard roller coasters worldwide can’t be the same since different manufacturers build them and have different designs and sizes; the best backyard roller coasters can hold up to 10 kids (over 800 lbs.).
Backyard Roller Coaster on a ranch park
Where Can I Buy Backyard Roller Coaster Parts?
Buying backyard roller coaster parts from the ride manufacturer is highly recommended.
However, if you can’t find it from them, you must opt for a better manufacturer like Sinorides.
Where to Buy Backyard Roller Coaster Parts
What Are The Best Backyard Roller Coaster Layouts?
For more customized backyard coaster layouts designed by professionals, you can contact Sinorides anytime.
What Are The Main Parts Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
Following are some of the main components of a backyard roller coaster:
- Track: It is a track made of steel or wood on which a roller coaster train moves.
- Train: It is the seating arrangement.
- It comprises numerous cars attached to form a train.
- Braking System: An essential safety system that ensures that the ride stops safely at the end of the ride.
- Power System: Backyard Roller coasters are usually powered by a motor to move along the track instead of a traditional hill lifting mechanism.
- Safety Features: The ride has numerous safety features, including emergency brakes, power breakers, harnesses, over-the-shoulder restraints, and seat belts.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Backyard Roller Coaster?
Backyard Roller Coasters are available in the following two main types:
- Mini Roller Coaster:
This mini backyard roller coaster has a seating capacity of 3-5 persons. It requires an area of 16mx10m and has a track length of 50 meters. This ride has a driving power of 9kW and requires a voltage of 380 V to work.
- Full-sized backyard roller coaster
This is a longer track with a seating capacity of 10 persons. It requires an area of 20mx15m and has a track length of 76 meters.
Sinorides also offers Backyard Roller Coaster customization where the client can change its design, seating capacity, and track length.
Backyard roller coaster layout from Sinorides project
Layout of a backyard roller coaster
What Are The Different Types Of Lifts A Backyard Roller Coaster Can Have?
The latest Backyard Roller coasters have motorized trains instead of lifts to move.
It must be noted that this differs according to design, as some types of Backyard roller coasters also use chain lifts to work.
Backyard Roller coasters can also be customized to be powered by lifts, including:
- Tire propelled lift
- Cable lift
- Catch car lift
- Spiral lift
- Elevator lift
- Tilt lift/thrill lift
- Electric spiral lift
What Makes A Successful Backyard Roller Coaster?
Backyard Roller Coaster can be successful due to numerous factors, including:
- Design: A successful backyard roller coaster should be appealing and kid-friendly to attract the maximum number of kids because the primary riders are children only.
- Safety: The roller coaster must be designed and equipped with maximum safety features for the safety of the ride and passengers.
- Smooth Ride: The ride must provide good momentum and a slippery track from start to finish to make the ride enjoyable and less jumpy for the kids.
- Speed: As backyard roller coasters are for kids, they must have a safe speed.
Backyard roller coaster in thematic parks
How Do You Increase The Speed Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
There are several ways you can follow to increase the speed of the Backyard roller coaster, including:
- The manufacturer sets a speed limit on the motorized roller coaster. So you can request your manufacturer to increase the speed.
- The hill’s height can be increased for the Backyard roller coaster, which uses a lift hill to work. The higher the height, the more potential energy the train would store, which would later be converted into kinetic energy.
Note: It is highly not recommended to alter the roller coaster’s speed without professional technical support, as it may be dangerous for both the ride and the riders.
How Much Horsepower Does A Backyard Roller Coaster Have?
The horsepower of a backyard roller coaster varies from 20 HP to 200 HP, depending on the motor it is equipped with.
How Fast Is A Normal Backyard Roller Coaster?
A typical backyard Roller Coaster has a speed of 10 miles/hour.
Which Type Of Magnet Do Backyard Roller Coasters Use For Braking?
Permanent magnets are commonly used as brakes for Backyard Roller Coasters.
However, they may be coupled with the electric-powered braking system instead of the magnetic system.
Does Weight Affect Backyard Roller Coaster Speed?
The weight can affect the speed of the Backyard Roller Coaster, which uses a lift-hill system to move by converting the potential energy into kinetic energy.
Inertia acts as a resisting force to slow down the roller coaster.
This is why the more weight there is, the more inertia there is.
However, the effect of weight and inertia on speed is quite negligible on motorized Backyard roller coasters.
Dragon-themed backyard roller coaster
What Are The Benefits Of Backyard Roller Coaster For Park Owners?
There are numerous benefits of a Backyard roller coaster for park owners, including:
- Popularity: Most amusement parks have kid visitors who love to ride a roller coaster but cannot do it due to age restrictions.
Therefore, having a Backyard roller coaster solely for kids will attract more visitors to your Park.
- High revenues and ROI: Due to high demand alone, your initial investment on the Backyard roller coaster will return with good profit within a short period.
- Easy Access to Manufacturer: Almost every amusement ride manufacturer has a variety of roller coasters to offer. Therefore, you won’t have difficulty finding one for your Park.
What Is The Specification For Motor For Backyard Roller Coaster?
Motor specifications vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and rollercoaster requirements vary according to speed, weight, and seating capacity.
Therefore, you must contact your rollercoaster manufacturer for accurate details.
What Type Of Paint Do You Use For Backyard Roller Coaster?
Reliable Backyard rollercoaster manufacturers utilize heavy-duty epoxy primers and ultra-durable urethanes to paint backyard roller coaster structures built from Steel.
However, for wooden rollercoasters, High-quality acrylic paints can be used.
You can also request paint according to your requirements from your manufacturer while placing an order.
Backyard Roller Coaster in a child-specific park
How To Install Backyard Roller Coaster?
Backyard Roller Coaster is a complex structure and can be dangerous for both the ride and the riders if not installed correctly.
Therefore, opting for installation provided by your ride’s manufacturer is highly recommended. You can also buy installation services from a well-trained, experienced manufacturer like Sinorides.
The process of backyard roller coaster installation includes:
- The construction site, technical operation, and materials must be collected and prepared.
- Construction of major components such as the structure’s foundation, measurement positioning control, steel bar lashing and processing, and concrete structure development must be handled during this phase.
- Prior measures for weather conditions are taken next for proper safety and management of the project.
- Installation of trains, lifts, track, control room, and other components, according to the manufacturer’s technical Drawing, videos, and installation guide.
- Rollercoaster trains, tracks, and other related structures go through Paint Job.
- All safety devices are installed, and measures are taken.
- The rollercoaster ride is tested for several hours under different conditions before opening it for the visitors.
How To Choose The Best Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturer In China?
Undoubtedly, China is leading the amusement ride industry globally, but not all manufacturers are trustworthy or competent.
Therefore, you must follow the steps below to find a reliable Backyard roller coaster manufacturer in China:
Large-scale Backyard Roller Coaster
- Make A List of Priorities: you can start the process by listing Backyard roller coaster manufacturers in China with a simple Google search.
Almost all of them have made their presence through websites, so you can easily find the contact details and portfolio.
- Contact the team: You must contact every manufacturer on your list for their product catalog and price quotations.
You can even call their representative and discuss your requirements in detail.
Make sure that you notice how the representative on the contact number understands all of your concerns.
- Compare and Contrast the choices: Once you have their details, you need to compare them on numerous factors, including:
- A reliable manufacturer will choose a high-quality primary material like stainless Steel and high-quality Wood (s), as they are high impact resistant, lightweight, durable, and reliable.
- For a high-quality, safe, and reliable Backyard amusement ride, always choose a manufacturer who invests an adequate amount in research and development.
- Best manufacturers have well-trained and experienced Quality Control (QC) teams that monitor all the aspects of designing, manufacturing, testing, and installation.
They also ensure the ride is manufactured according to local and international safety and quality standards.
Moreover, they are also updated with knowledge of amusement rides, industry, and consumer expectations.
- The backyard rollercoaster manufacturers must comply with local and international standards and have all the necessary certifications, including SGS and ISO.
- Only manufacturers with at least ten years of experience in the amusement ride manufacturing industry are preferred.
- Opt manufacturers that provide comprehensive solutions.
Factors such as strategic pricing, technical support and assistance, economies of scale on bulk purchases, and high quality must be guaranteed in the package.
Moreover, a reliable company provides product customization, warranty, and excellent after-sales services, including theme park and ride designing assistance, shipping, installation, training, technical support, repair, and maintenance.
- A reliable manufacturer offers a highly economical and optimized ride, reducing the owner’s operation, repair, and maintenance costs.
- Only choose the manufacturer that provides clear and legal terms and conditions for the contract.
- Discuss logistics, shipment, and payment terms with the manufacturer.
- You can also consider other factors like the manufacturer’s existing projects, patents, labor, and manufacturing premises.
The factors mentioned here will help you choose China’s proper Backyard roller manufacturer. If you are unable to find one, you can also try Sinorides.
How do you control and cut your backyard roller coaster ride purchasing costs?
If you want to cut down the purchasing costs of your backyard roller coaster, then you can take a few ingenious measures to achieve the goal:
- Compare and contrast international manufacturers
This is a simple step.
You only need to Google a couple of roller coaster manufacturers specializing in affordable backyard roller coasters.
Look for the existing portfolio, skillset, location, shipping charges, installation services, distance to your country, and ultimately the price range.
Chinese manufacturers usually offer cost-effective solutions compared to European companies.
Ensure you request a quotation from every prospective manufacturer after giving them detailed specifications for your product.
- Look for a cheap installation service.
In most cases, the manufacturers offer installation services as well.
But if you choose to import rides from abroad, there is a strong possibility that international installation teams will cost a lot more due to their traveling and translation charges. You can negotiate the charges with the manufacturer or look for a local installation service.
- Ensure ride quality to avoid paying for damages.
When picking your backyard roller coaster, ensure the manufacturer delivers every claim made on their website. You should ensure that the coaster abides by the international standards approved for customer safety so that you don’t have to pay unnecessary amounts to fix manufacturing faults and constant breakdowns of the backyard rollercoaster.
- Costs of upkeep
Regular inspection of the backyard roller coaster is one way to reduce costs. Before the installation of the ride, make sure that you have the arena inspected by multiple technically sound teams so that your investment only brings returns and doesn’t go to waste.
Dragon-themed backyard roller coaster in an American park
How do you avoid damaging backyard roller coaster ride equipment during shipping?
Rides with large pieces like a backyard roller coaster are always packed in high-quality plastic sheets and wooden crates to avoid dents and damage.
The manufacturers use proper stickers and labels to help the shipping team recognize the nature of the content.
The fragile parts like motors and electric sensors are packed separately to avoid collision inside the crates.
When manufacturers do not use skilled employees for packing and shipping of the rides, then the products often reach their destination in a battered and bruised condition.
We suggest looking for an experienced and considerate manufacturer for these details.
One of the leading Chinese manufacturers that gives special attention to shipping damages is Sinorides.
Backyard roller coaster under construction
Why Is SINORIDES Amusement Park Ride Price Higher Than Others?
With higher prices, Sinorides offers all clients a complete package.
They ensure that their products qualify for every international standard and that the safety statistics on each piece are higher than the average ride in China and abroad.
The company does not believe in complacency and continues investing in research and better manufacturing practices to deliver the best.
The company enjoys the position of a global market leader due to its commitment to quality and
They have made their presence as a leading amusement ride manufacturer worldwide.
The use of state-of-the-art machinery, skilled engineers and designers, and equally responsive after-sales service makes Sinorides the perfect match for anyone looking for any roller coaster, dodgem, or amusement ride.
Above all, Sinorides practically adds value to any premises where their rides are installed, making their higher price range a justified approach.
A Backyard Rollercoaster was installed for a carnival.
Can The Backyard Roller Coaster Be Customized?
Indeed, you can customize your backyard roller coaster as much as you like.
Trusted manufacturers like Sinorides ask you about the theme and concept for the ride before manufacturing a product on demand.
If you purchase readymade stock, their team of skilled designers and artists will ask for your choice about any changes you may require on the existing design.
What Is The Warranty Time Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
For an average backyard roller coaster, a trusted manufacturer like Sinorides gives a warranty for 1-2 years, depending on the Size and type of backyard roller coaster you order.
Backyard roller coaster in a summer park
What Is The Delivery Time Of A Backyard Roller Coaster From China?
If the backyard roller coaster you choose is already available in stock, then any manufacturer would take 30 to 45 days to ship.
This duration depends on the distance between the manufacturer and the ride’s destination.
If you want to customize a ride and build it in a unique shape and form, you can expect the delivery from China to take at least 60-80 days.
Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Help Design the Park?
Not every backyard roller coaster manufacturer will offer help in the design process.
But when you consult a well-known brand such as Sinorides, you can expect step-by-step assistance in every process.
From conceptualization to the execution of the idea, the qualified and experienced team at Sinorides ensures that your design works well for your Park’s area and location.
Can I Order One Set Of Backyard Roller Coasters?
You can order one set of roller coaster seats and train to inspect the product quality and shipping procedure applied by the company of your choice.
What is the shipping method for a backyard roller coaster from China?
The backyard roller coasters shipped from China usually come from sea to a port city.
Other shipping methods are accepted according to the client’s budget and demands.
Basic backyard roller coaster design
Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Accept OEM?
Major backyard roller coaster manufacturers like Sinorides accept OEM.
What Is The Packing Of A Backyard Roller Coaster?
All the components of a backyard roller coaster, such as the foundation bars, train, and systems, are wrapped in high-quality bubble wrap and industrial cling film for additional protection against damage.
What Kind Of Payment Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufactures Accept In China?
Major amusement ride manufacturers use safe international payment pathways such as:
- Western Union
- Money Gram
- Letter of Credit
- Telegraphic Transfer
Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Provide Installation Services?
Only recognized manufacturers like Sinorides from China offer installation as part of their service package.
The company sends a team of highly qualified and well-trained technical support staff of engineers to install the ride at the arena.
The safety standards and high quality of service are maintained at every step of the way.
However, the Park’s owner is required to make a few arrangements for the team:
- Visa and return ticket
- Food and Accommodation
- Local Transportation
- Translation services
- Daily Wage
Do Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturers Provide after-sales services?
After-sales services are not as common among Chinese manufacturers.
Sinorides is one of the exceptional cases that offer a brilliant after-sales service that includes a complete package of ride installation, technical assistance for the staff, training, and annual inspection of the rides.
The company also offers extended design consultation services for other projects on the premises, extended warranties for the product, and repair and maintenance costs.
What Is The Best Certified Backyard Roller Coaster Manufacturer?
Finding the best backyard roller coaster manufacturer in China may seem overwhelming, but it becomes straightforward when you have heard of Sinorides.
Sinorides has been serving amusement parks around the globe for more than two decades.
The company has 30+ amusement ride patents that have helped serve 2300 unique clients and projects.
Assigned by Joyland, Sinorides has a team of highly qualified and experienced engineers for ride design, manufacture, and installation processes.
How Do Backyard Roller Coaster Seats Lock?
Backyard roller coasters, like other roller coasters, use restraints to lock the seats and passengers in their designated space. The locking mechanisms include:
- Seat Belts
- Lap Bar Restraints
- Over-the-shoulder Restraint
The seat belt holds the passenger on the seat and wraps around their legs.
The lap bar is a metallic rod that can be grasped to stay anchored on the seat.
The over-the-shoulder restraint is a belt hooked across the shoulder blade(s) to keep the rider safe in their seat.
Popular backyard roller coaster design
How Safe Are Backyard Roller Coasters?
Backyard roller coasters are often known as kiddie roller coasters.
Since the primary audience for most backyard roller coasters is kids, it is apparent that the ride is very safe for all age groups.
The tracks are often plain and have no dangerous turns and sharp edges that could leave the rider feeling dizzy or uneasy.
The slow speed and flat tracks made the backyard roller coasters ideal for kid-friendly parks.
If you hire a trusted manufacturer like Sinorides, you can quickly expect compliance with international safety and quality standards.
If you follow the instructions and keep the ride well-maintained, you can quickly increase the safety of the backyard roller coaster.
How Safe Is Backyard Roller Coaster
How To Repair Backyard Roller Coasters?
The backyard roller coaster may seem simple but it usually comprises hundreds of components.
Reproducing a backyard roller coaster without technical support could only lead to additional costs and damages.
Hiring a well-trained team of engineers and technicians to fix the breakdowns and repairs is highly recommended.
In all circumstances, you must have a dedicated technical support team capable of making amends to your ride before any major drawback appears.
The troubleshooting team can be curated locally, or consult Sinorides to inspect, repair, and analyze your backyard roller coaster.
The company’s consultants will train your team about regular inspection, maintenance, and minor fixes that ensure smooth sailing for your backyard roller coaster and any other ride that needs a little care.
How To Maintain Backyard Roller Coasters?
Maintenance of a backyard roller coaster is a task of high responsibility.
The ride must be inspected, maintained, and repaired regularly by trained technicians to avoid long-term damage.
The best route to maintenance of backyard roller coasters is to have an in-house team for maintenance that takes care of the everyday concerns.
If you don’t have a team, you can call Sinorides for help.
The company can send a team of professionals to assess the condition of your backyard roller coaster and help with the maintenance.
Children on a kiddie/backyard roller coaster
A few tips from the Sinorides experts include:
- Cleanliness: Several qualified staff members must be held responsible for the regular cleaning and sanitation of the backyard rollercoaster. It must be washed with lukewarm, pressurized water to remove the dirt and grit. Tough stains such as oil and other industrial materials can be removed by rubbing with a soft cloth. Other non-reactive chemicals are also safe for use. Regular cleaning will increase the life and efficiency of the ride’s components.
- Regular Inspection: The longevity of backyard roller coasters depends on the condition of their components, so they should be inspected regularly. Trained professionals must carry this out. Any faulty parts must be repaired or replaced immediately before the problem worsens.
- Restricted authority: Only authorized personnel must be allowed to access, operate, repair, or maintain the backyard roller coaster. Furthermore, the passengers must be informed about the safety measures while riding the backyard roller coasters. Any unauthorized access should be banned to avoid mishaps on the premises. Add locks and place a fence around the ride for additional security.
- Compliance with the instructions: when the ride’s operation is restricted to authorized personnel, compliance with instructions becomes instinctive.
If the instructions on the ride manual are duly followed, the risk of human error and hazards can be mitigated beforehand.
- Monitoring system: Ensure someone is appointed to monitor the backyard roller coaster’s Performance regularly. Every component should also be assessed. In case of any irregularity, the ride should be stopped and fixed immediately.
Backyard Roller Coaster in an open-themed park
How To Make Backyard Roller Coasters Ride Safe?
The safety management of a backyard roller coaster depends on the manufacturer and the owner of the Park.
Here is a list of things that the manufacturer must be careful about:
- The quality of the materials plays a significant role in the ride’s safety. The manufacturer must ensure that the FRP, stainless steel and aluminum are of the highest quality.
- The qualification and practical experience of the staff that builds, designs, and installs the ride makes a significant difference in the quality of the ride.
- Safety features like belts and bars must comply with international standards of quality.
- The backyard roller coaster must be tested several times to ensure the client receives the safest ride.
- When the ride is being shipped, the manufacturer must take all the safety measures to prevent damage to the components.
There are a few things that the owner of the premises must also be careful about:
- The owner must choose a reliable manufacturer with at least a decade-plus of experience, a dedicated team of qualified engineers, necessary certifications, knowledge, compliance with safety and quality standards, and even after-sales services.
- The park owner hired an experienced team to operate, maintain, repair, and monitor the backyard roller coaster ride.
- In this case, frequent checks of security measures and constant tests for the durability and longevity of safety mechanisms are necessary.
- There should be trained staff on the premises to guide the riders about safety precautions such as wearing seat belts, holding the lap bar, and avoiding riding when under the influence of medicine or alcohol.
Sesame Street Themed Backyard Roller Coaster Ride
How Are Backyard Roller Coasters Rides Made?
How Backyard roller coaster made.
The backyard roller coaster may seem like an ordinary structure, but it is far more intricate than what is visible from the outside.
Here is a rough overview of the steps taken to complete the production of a backyard roller coaster.
- Finding the appropriate quality of materials: The process of manufacturing a backyard roller coaster starts with selecting suitable materials for the ride. The material of choice should be durable, impact-resistant, lightweight, and eco-friendly. Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and Fiberglass are often used as the primary materials because they qualify for the requirements of a durable ride.
- Design and Technical Drawing: the stage that follows is the designing phase, which has three significant chunks:
- Schematic Drawing: First and foremost, countless sketches and concept drawings are made and collected. Then, they are compared and contrasted according to the Park’s parks and the client’s requirements.
- Technical Drawing: Once the schematic drawings are finalized, they are further processed in detail. All the technical information, such as the ride’s dimensions, duration, safety mechanisms, structural forces, thrill factors, and engineering needs, are considered in-depth to determine the perfect combination for your backyard rollercoaster.
- Final Plan: Eventually, the design sketches and technical drawings are finalized for the final stage of development; these images will be used in the process of production, testing, and installation of the ride.
- Production: This production stage is further divided into four main steps:
- FRP Manufacturing: This is the stage where Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Material is processed through cutting, polishing, and painting to form the roller coaster train’s body, seat, and other components.
- Stainless Steel Manufacturing: Stainless Steel is used to make most of the components used in a backyard roller coaster; this includes the track and train structure. This is where the Steel goes through cutting, welding, CNC machining, debarring, and bending.
- Other Components: Other components, such as platforms, braking systems, electronic monitoring, and control systems, are manufactured or purchased from suppliers.
- Assembling: In the end, all the parts manufactured or purchased from suppliers are created to make significant components of the backyard roller coaster.
- Component Inspection: After the manufacturing process, the prepared components undergo quality inspections for the following standards:
- Inspection of Steel Parts: This step allows the manufacturer to ensure that the Size and shape of the steel parts are according to the technical Drawing. Moreover, the surface must be tested for rust and burrs. Chemicals for preventing rust must be used here.
- Welding Inspection: The ride’s quality and safety depend on the quality of welding used to connect the components. This is where all the welded parts are thoroughly inspected to ensure the weld is fused, tidy, and neatly textured. This inspection helps to recognize any cracks in the welding and fix them immediately.
- FRP Inspection: The major components of the backyard roller coaster, such as the body, seats, and motor of the roller coaster train, are made of Fiber-reinforced plastic. The FRP goes through the embedded parts, appearance, and Teppanning test to ensure the ride’s quality.
- General Inspection: All the mechanical/electrical components and those made of other materials are also carefully inspected to ensure quality and Performance.
- Painting and Design Inspection: This test ensures that the painted area has no cracks, leakages, pores, or shrinkage cavities. The daub thickness and its consistency are also checked in this stage. The overall appearance of the paint should be smooth, leveled, and plump so that the ride looks delightful for the clients and their customers.
- Packaging: After the preparation and inspection of all the parts, they are carefully packed in high-quality packaging materials like plastic sheets, wooden crates, packing material, and bubble wrap. Each box is labeled “handle with care,” “fragile,” or “this side up” according to the sensitivity needed to prevent damage during loading and shipment.
- Shipping: Reliable manufacturers like Sinorides are very particular about ride packaging, logistics, and shipping. This ensures that the ride reaches the destination without any damage. Usually, backyard roller coasters are shipped via sea. However, other methods can also be opted according to the client’s demand and budget.
- Installation: A backyard roller coaster ride is a massive structure with countless components of various sizes. The ride must be installed by experienced engineers with the technical expertise to tackle all the concerns of an installation procedure, according to the installation guides provided by the manufacturer. The installation process takes over a month, depending on the design and Size.
- Final Testing: Once the backyard roller coaster is fully installed, it goes through many hours of testing under different conditions before opening to the public.
What Are The Different Factors Considered While Buying The Backyard Roller Coasters?
A few factors must be considered when purchasing a backyard roller coaster. Some of these include:
- Manufacturer of the ride: The backyard roller coaster manufacturer makes all the difference in the ride’s quality, safety standards, and aesthetic appeal. An experienced manufacturer with ten years on their portfolio and necessary local and international licenses can help you find the best ride for your Park.
- DParkn of the backyard roller coaster: the ride’s design must be developed according to the space, theme, and budget you have for the facility. It would be best to make the most of what you have instead of fighting for more resources.
- Features of the ride: these rides have tons of features. Choosing features according to your budget and needs for the Park is best.
- SParky mechanisms: the roller coaster design must be safe and designed according to the target audience’s needs. The safety features must be checked for emergency measures, seat belts, power breakers, etc.
- Seating capacity: A suitable number of seats should be chosen according to the Size and dimensions of the area designated to the Park. MParksure that you have efficient seating to avoid causing long queues.
- Quality of materials used: both of these factors are non-negotiable. Always choose a ride made of stainless Steel, aluminum, high-quality Wood, and other materials that improve the ride experience.
- Warranty: Choose a backyard roller coaster that has two-plus years of warranty. Even a one-year warranty can help you gain high returns on the investment.
- After-sale services and care: look for a manufacturer known for its after-sale services. They should have experienced staff and training consultants who could guide your team through installation, maintenance, and repair procedures.
Minimal design for a backyard roller coaster
How do you check the quality of the backyard roller coaster ride?
The following factors can determine the quality of the Backyard Roller coaster:
- Functionality and Performance: Regular inspection and monitoring of the Performance during and after operation can help maintain the quality of the ride. The functionality of all the features must be checked as well.
- Materials used: A high-quality backyard roller coaster is developed from finer materials like stainless Steel, fiber-reinforced plastic, aluminum, and the most straightforward Wood sampleWoodesign aesthetics: Make sure you assess the design and pay attention to detail. Remember to examine the track and train’s paint quality, too.
- Manufacturer: Always opt for an experienced manufacturer competent in making long-lasting rides. Ensure that the manufacturer of choice has more than ten years of experience and all the necessary licenses and certifications to comply with international standards. Experienced staff and engineers are another necessity that cannot be ignored.
How do you check the quality of the backyard roller coaster ride?
The quality of the backyard roller coasters depends on the quality certificates acquired by the manufacturer. Here is a list of the most crucial ones:
- CE Certification: The CE Certification confirms the ride manufacturer’s responsibility for the product’s safety, Performance, health, and environmental requirements.
- ISO: Abbreviated from International Organization for Standardization certification. This certificate confirms that the ride system fully qualifies for international standards.
- TÜV SÜD: It is a quality seal for “Certified Amusement Park.” It is granted after a complex assessment of all the interactions with safety factors such as technical tests, maintenance, inspection schedules, emergency measures, response, rescue services, and all the documentation related to the condition of the rides in the Park.
- AParkCertification: This certifies that the Backyard Roller Coaster manufacturer complies with the standards of manufacturing, operation, maintenance, safety for design, quality assurance, and inspection of amusement rides and devices.
- Some other notable certifications include SONCAP, GOST, SASO, and BV.
Daytime amusement facility with a backyard roller coaster
How do you ensure the safety of backyard roller coaster rides?
Each Park has its own set of safety instructions for backyard roller coasters. Some of the most common instructions include:
- The height of children should be above 42″ to ride alone, and any child under 36″ in height must be accompanied by an adult of 18 or older.
- Riders with severe health concerns should not ride the roller coaster. Everyone must comply with the height, health, and weight restrictions.
- Riders must remain seated and avoid standing or unnecessarily moving in the cart during the ride.
- Repetition of the ride must be avoided, and regular breaks must be taken to prevent dizziness and lightheadedness.
- Keep your eyes to the front with the head held high. This will help the rider stay alert and prevent head/neck injuries.
- Hydration is the key to health safety on any amusement ride.
What Is The Quality Certifications For Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
The quality specification applicable for all amusement rides is known as ISO 17824-1:2015.
This specification has outlined the minimal requirements for compliance with manufacture, design, installation, and safety standards for all amusement rides regardless of mobility, age, and structural allowances on the amusement facility, such as Ferris wheels, grand slides, roller coasters, and swings.
Since a backyard roller coaster is a category of roller coaster rides, this certification is critical for the ride.
The amusement devices must be installed without degradation or loss of integrity in any location, including parks and carnival grounds.
What Are The Safety Instructions for Riding Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
The safety instructions for riding a backyard roller coaster include:
- Independent riders being 42″ plus taller of height, and riders at least 36″ tall must accompany an adult.
- Individuals must adhere to the height and health restrictions and avoid riding when dealing with a severe health concern.
- The individuals must remain seated during the ride.
- Avoid riding amusement rides without breaks to prevent lightheadedness and dizziness.
- Stay hydrated to remain in optimal health after the rides.
What Are The Other Names Of Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
Backyard Roller Coasters are often called “Kiddie roller coasters” and “Roller coasters for Kids.” They may also have personalized names assigned by parks according to the theme facility’s themed roller coaster awaiting launch.
Who Can Ride The Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
Backyard Roller Coasters are essentially designed for children.
But adults can also ride to accompany little kids below the height restrictions.
How Much Space Do Backyard Roller Coasters Ride Need For Working?
The backyard roller coaster’s required space for operation depends on various factors, such as the Length of the track, the design, the height of the train, and the number of seats.
A 12-person roller coaster needs an area of around 224 m2 to operate.
What is the difference between China’s backyard and a European backyard roller coaster ride?
The European manufacturers previously had a reputation for being the best and most expensive manufacturers of backyard roller coasters due to their attention to detail and high compliance with safety standards.
Today, however, Chinese mammoths like Sinorides have taken over a large chunk of the global market due to the high quality they deliver at reasonably priced prices.
Since Chinese after-sales services are highly accommodating and keep in touch throughout the design to the delivery procedure, they are often considered a better option these days.
What do you do when the backyard roller coaster ride breaks down during work?
If a backyard roller coaster breaks down, you can take the following steps:
- Cut down power with an emergency break.
- Evacuate all the riders to a safe spot.
- Call the in-house technical team for troubleshooting, or call a third-party squad if you don’t have one in-house.
- If the problem persists, you can consult the manufacturer for immediate assistance.
Who Does The Inspection Of The Backyard Roller Coasters Ride?
Mostly, park owners conduct regular inspections via their technical, in-house teams.
You can hire a third-party team from Sinoride’s Training Services.
They can send a team to help your staff operate, maintain, repair, and inspect the backyard roller coaster.
You can also consult the inspection services for regular checks.
Do Backyard Roller Coaster Ride Manufacturers Charge For Training? How Much In Charge?
Yes, backyard roller coaster manufacturers charge for training services.
The price tariff depends on the time of booking.
You must consult the manufacturer for the latest updates.
You have to make a few accommodations for the team, which include:
- Return Tickets
- Accommodation and food
- Daily Wage
- Language Translator.
Small Backyard Roller Coaster for Juniors
How Do I Know My Backyard Roller Coaster Ride Needs Replacement?
Following are some of the prominent indicators that announce the need for a backyard roller coaster replacement:
- Technological advancement: technological changes, such as automated operations and choice of materials, reduce operational costs and increase the ride’s efficiency. It also impacts the comfort and experience of the rider.
- Wear and tear: any ride depreciates with time as the materials weather out due to chemical reactions and environmental changes. These reactions weaken the material and reduce its efficiency. Therefore, they must be inspected and replaced with new ones.
- Building Code Amendments: international organizations constantly work to improve product structures, safety, and quality. Consequently, if your backyard roller coaster doesn’t comply with the latest quality and safety standards, it’s time to replace it.
How do you reduce the repair and maintenance costs for backyard roller coaster rides?
You can cut down your backyard roller coaster’s repair and maintenance costs. Here are a few things you can get started with:
- Training your staff
- Proper schedule of cleaning and maintenance
- Regular inspection
- Controlled usage
- Compliance with the manuals and instruction guides
- Warranty management
Taking these necessary measures will help you increase the longevity of your ride and cut down the average maintenance costs.
What Factors Are Considered While Inspecting The Backyard Roller Coasters?
A backyard roller coaster is an intricate structure that requires regular inspection for optimal Performance. Here are some of the factors you need to be mindful about the inspection of the ride:
- Inspection of manufacture and installation procedures; welding approval; structural inspection of hydraulic/electrical/static structures.
- Inspection of manufacturing and installation process of the Roller Coaster Ride;
- Inspection of the track
- Electrical safety and emergency functions testing for the ride
- Testing for mechanisms of interlocking, pressure relief valves, brakes, speed, and acceleration, as well as other Functional tests for movement
- Inspection of temporary structures before service
- Amusement park inspection
- Assessment for damage, corrosion, and typical wear and tear
- Inspection of paint and design
- Preliminary review of hygiene and sanitation measures