Theme Park Rides Expert Manufacturer
Premium Raw Materials to Ensure Reliable Theme Park Rides Quality.
Strong Theme Park Rides Structure with Durable FRP Seats.
Meet European Quality Standard with Competitive Price.
Multi Running Test Before Delivery to Your Country.
Recommend Theme Park Rides For Sale
You can choose Theme Park Rides here to start or upgrade your theme park. Sinorides has 100+ types theme park rides for you and we can even customize per your requirement.
Sinorides is top theme park rides manufacturer and we offer one-stop solution from manufacturing to park design, we use brands components to produce and provide you an affordable price.
You can send us inquiry if there is not suitable type in this page and our sale team will send you the full catalog to you. You can also ask Sinorides do the park layout design on your need.
Your Premier Theme Park Rides Manufacturer in China
Sinorides started to manufacture Theme Park Rides in 1992. We know every detail of theme park rides and produce them with certified materials. You can easily operate your theme park rides as we will send you the operation guide and our engineers can teach you on your park site.
Sinorides has rich experience on theme park rides development and our workers are all skillful with processing machines. We do the welding quality inspection with high tech equipment to ensure your theme park rides has a perfect structure.
You will have a great importing theme park rides experience when deal with Sinorides as we have professional and high efficient sale and technical team to help you solve all the problems.
Theme Park Rides For Sale Project
Sinorides has exported theme park rides to 200+ countries worldwide during 20 years. We manufacture theme park rides for different types of theme parks and know what they need to increase revenues.
Besides theme park rides, Sinorides can also provide theme park rides repair & maintenance, park planning service to help you run your business. Sinorides will support you on every field regarding theme park industry.
You don’t need to worry about the quality as we have 2000+ successful theme park projects. This can prove Sinorides is worth trust when importing theme park rides from China. We can even send engineers to your country do the measurement and installation work for you.
Sinorides Theme Park Rides Manufacturing Capacity to Boom Your Park Business
Sinorides is Reliable Theme Park Rides Manufacturer
Sinorides has 28+ years manufacturing theme park rides. We use reliable spare parts and raw materials to protect people avoid potential accidents.
You could try Sinorides when importing theme park rides from China as we work with international forwarder to ensure your theme park rides in good package.
Sinorides has large workshops with latest equipment to produce your theme park rides. You can have a visit on our factory when you come to China.
Contact Sinorides to get the best quotation now!
Theme Park Rides: The Complete Guide
Are you looking for theme park rides manufacturers to help you scale your business? Or are you just getting started and require support?
In any case, you need to get the business guidance and insight and narrow down your research to top theme park rides manufacturers.
Theme Park Rides Complete Guide will help you to select the best in the business.
- Where Can You Buy Theme Park Rides?
- How Do You Choose Rides For Your Theme Park?
- How Many Types Are There For Theme Park Rides?
- How Much Time Is Required To Ship Theme Park Rides?
- What Is The Shipping Cost For Theme Park Rides From China To The USA?
- Which Shipping Plan Works Best With Theme Park Rides?
- Who Do You Need To Do Once Your Theme Park Rides Are Delivered To Your Country?
- How Do You Pay The Freight Forwarder For Your Theme Park Rides?
- How Do You Pay The Customs After Your Theme Park Rides Are Shipped?
- How Do You Choose The Best Theme Park Rides Manufacturer In China?
- What Are The Components Of A Theme Park Ride?
- Do Theme Park Rides Come With A Warranty?
- How Much Do Rides Cost For An Average-Sized Theme Park?
- How To Operate Theme Park Rides?
- Can You Place A Custom Order Of Theme Park Rides?
- How Many Theme Park Rides Can You Buy In A Single Order?
- How Much Electricity Do Theme Park Rides Use?
- How Can Theme Park Rides Be Energy-Efficient?
- How Much Does It Cost To Power An Average Sized Theme Park Ride?
- How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Theme Park Ride Monthly?
- How To Reduce Maintenance Cost Of A Theme Park Ride Monthly?
- How Crowded Should Your Theme Park Ride Be To Make Profit?
- How Do You Train Your Theme Park Rides Operators?
- Do Manufacturers Do Periodic Inspections Of The Theme Park Rides After Delivery?
- What Happens To The Theme Park Rides In The Rain?
- How Long Does It Take To Place Order And Get Delivery For Park Rides?
- For How Much Do Manufacturers Offer Technical Support For Theme Park Rides Once Delivered?
- Which Certifications Should You Look For While Choosing The Manufacturer?
- How Do You Choose Theme Park Rides Best Suited To Your Business?
- How Much Time Does It Take To Install A Theme Park Ride Once Delivered?
- Does The Theme Park Rides Manufacturer Give Certificates To Your Employees After Training Is Complete?
- Can You Ask The Manufacturer To Add Extra Features To The Theme Park Ride?
- In What Skills Do You Get Your Technicians Trained Once The Theme Park Rides Are Installed?
- How To Do Mechanical Troubleshooting Of Theme Park Rides?
- How To Do Basic Electrical Troubleshooting Of Theme Park Rides?
- What Documents Do You Need To Place An Order For The Theme Park Rides?
- How Do You Perform The Inspection Of The Theme Park Rides Once Installed?
- What Are The Standards For Theme Park Rides In Different Countries?
- What Different Types Of Material Are Used In Building A Theme Park Ride?
- How To Make Sure Theme Park Rides Are Safe To Operate?
- How To Get Permits To Operate Theme Park Rides?
- What Are The Advantages Of Buying Theme Park Rides From Chinese Manufacturers?
- Do Chinese Theme Park Ride Manufacturers Offer Cheap Rates?
- What Is Included In The Inspection Of The Theme Park Ride After Installation?
- How To Apply For A License To Operate A Theme Park Ride?
- What Is The Process Of Purchasing Theme Park Rides From The Manufacturer?
- Can You Install Theme Park Rides On Your Own After Delivery?
- Can You Ask For Customization After A Theme Park Ride Is Delivered?
- Can Theme Park Ride Manufacturers Help You In Designing The Park?
- How To Get Spare Parts For The Theme Park Rides?
Where Can You Buy Theme Park Rides?
Buy theme Park Ride
Many different firms of different capacities incorporate various methods to manufacture and sell theme park rides around the world.
You can find licensed manufacturers and theme rides suppliers in more than 4 continents that deal in theme park ride manufacturing, installation, technical support, and spare parts.
You need to get in touch with them via email or phone call and ask for a quotation and payment schemes.
You submit the required documents and sign a contract to get started. You go through different payment schemes, additional delivery charges, etc. with the manufacturer and choose what works best for you.
How Do You Choose Rides For Your Theme Park?
Choose Theme Park Ride
You need to make a list of the rides that suit the design, size, and location of your theme park. It depends also on your budget and the local trends of the community.
You need to do market research to figure out what types of theme parks are in that particular area and what do your potential customers want.
It also depends on your profit expectations.
Many theme park ride manufacturers provide services like theme park design ideas, feasibility inspections, preliminary design reviews, etc. You can even ask them for assistance as well.
How Many Types Are There For Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Types
There are several types of theme park rides, each one offering a unique type of excitement and thrill for guests to experience.
A theme park features several large pieces of equipment, including but not limited to:
- a big pendulum
- Drop tower
- Topple tower
- Roller coaster
There are numerous small rides such as:
- Bumper car
- Flying scooters
- Kids rides
- Mechanical bull
- Motion simulator
- Teacups, and similar family rides.
You can also go for video game rides like:
- 4D rides
- AR rides
- VR video games
- Space simulators.
How Much Time Is Required To Ship Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride shipping
The shipping time depends on the size of the order placed and your location. For shipping from China to the USA, ocean freight takes the longest time, 30-40 days on average.
The reason is that ships move a lot slower than planes. Additional arrangements are required for ocean freight and ships move slower depending upon the ocean wind conditions and to save fuel.
If you are shipping bulk of theme park rides, after manufacturing is complete, the shipping company takes and 1-2 months if your park is located across the borders.
Furthermore, port congestion, customs delays, and bad weather conditions may further delay your ocean freight.
Many freight forwarders provide different packages depending upon your requirement, for example, if you require quick delivery or want to add extra weight.
What Is The Shipping Cost For Theme Park Rides From China To The USA?
Theme Park Ride Shipping cost
Theme park rides are heavy and bulky. Once shipment weighs more than 500 kg, the sea becomes the cheapest method. China offers different packages for freight forwarding.
The costs may vary depending upon the weight, your selected transit method, and port policies in your country.
Most freight forwarding companies incorporate volumetric weight instead of the actual weight since the theme park rides occupy more space in the containers.
So, if you have enough theme park rides to ship, a full load container is the best option. It would cost you anywhere from $2000-$4000 for a 20’ container.
There are other costs included in the invoice other than base costs. For example:
- Dock Fees: That ranges anywhere between $50-$100
- Freight Forwarder Administration Fee: Ranging from $75-$200.
- Security Fee: Normally $50-$100 (Full Container Loads).
- Customs Clearance Fee: $100-$200 (plus applicable duties/taxes of your country)
- Final Truck Transportation from the bonded warehouse to your doorstep: $200+ (unless you pick up your shipment yourself).
Which Shipping Plan Works Best With Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Shipping
As the theme park rides weigh a minimum of 1000kg, shipping via ocean becomes the cheapest and effective plan. Shipping via ocean has the following merits:
- Ocean freight offers more capacity and value – one container can hold 2-3 average-sized theme park ride components.
- Ocean freight is usually much slower than air, and customs issues and port holdups can cause additional delays, Prime LCL (less than container load), increasingly available by more forwarders, often guarantees a delivery date and is often not that much slower than air.
- Ocean freight has a much better carbon footprint than air freight since a heavy payload is delivered in one trip.
- Nowadays, ocean LCL services can compete with air freight for time, and are a lot cheaper. This is due to various reasons; including ships are getting faster, canal route upgrades cutting delays on some routes, improvements to ocean tracking and safety, and a much more competitive freight market.
- Ocean freights offer high initial base costs but it works great when you scale. For example for 20Kg weight, you might need to pay $300. For 200kgs, the cost becomes $320 and for 2000kgs, the cost is $390.
Who Do You Need To Do Once Your Theme Park Rides Are Delivered To Your Country?
Theme Park Rides Delivered
Once theme park rides are delivered to the port of your country, you need to pay three parties before you claim ownership of your theme park rides, unless you would not be allowed to pick up your theme park rides. These 3 parties are:
- Your theme park ride manufacturer.
- Your freight forwarder or shipping agent.
- The customs.
After you have paid for these parties, you are free to pick up your theme park rides container.
If you have ordered a full container load(FCL), you need to pick it up yourself from either the port or the nearby warehouse. They would not store your container for more than 3-5 days.
After that, they send it back to the sender or start charging a storage fee that is $50- $100/day.
In case your theme park rides arrived in less than container load (LCL), they would take out the goods and stack them in a warehouse for you to collect. If you don’t want to collect the containers yourself, you can let your freight forwarder know before the order ships, to arrange a truck to deliver your goods to your destination. They would charge money to deliver the theme park ride container to your destination.
How Do You Pay The Freight Forwarder For Your Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Freight
You need to pay some money in advance when you book a freight forwarder for your theme park rides.
When the shipment has arrived in your country, it is held in the warehouse at the port. If you are picking your theme park ride containers yourself, you need to pay dues to the freight forwarder like ocean freight cost and other surcharges.
When you have paid such initial dues, confirm with them the location of the warehouse and also the “tracking ID” or “cargo control number” to locate your container in the warehouse.
How Do You Pay The Customs After Your Theme Park Rides Are Shipped?
Theme Park Ride Customs
Paying for customs is crucial since every country has to keep a record of the goods entering its borders.
When your theme park rides have arrived you need to pay/clear the customs. Most containers, especially from China have a percentage of tariffs associated with them normally in the range of 1-15%.
You need to fill out a “customs declaration form” for your theme park rides.
You can hire a customs broker to deal with the customs for you. They charge $150-$200 and handle all the paperwork for you.
Most freight forwarders also offer custom brokers for extra charges. Once you have cleared the customs, they notify the warehouse to release your theme park rides container.
How Do You Choose The Best Theme Park Rides Manufacturer In China?
Theme Park Rides Manufacturer
While you are selecting a theme park ride manufacturer in China, consider the following points:
- The theme park ride manufacturer follows the highest standards of safety while manufacturing the rides.
- The theme park ride manufacturer provides high-quality products and can ship from any port of China to you.
- The theme park ride manufacturer offers competitive prices and services.
- The theme park ride manufacturer communicates clearly with you or your agent.
- The theme park ride manufacturer offers additional services like installation, technical support, theme park designs, container loading, multiple modes of payment, etc.
What Are The Components Of A Theme Park Ride?
Theme Park Ride Components
There are several mechanical and electrical parts of a theme park ride. They are bulky structures made up of different parts subjected to tremendous load testing. A typical theme park ride is composed of:
- Compressors and hydraulic/pneumatic pistons.
- Axial and side beams
- Swinging axles
- Seat belts and seat structures
- Locking systems and welded components
- Motors and pumps
- Electrical parts
- Collector rails and brushes
- Wheels and tires
- Bearings and turntables
- Slew rings
- Bushings, bearings, and seals
- Chains and wire rope assemblies
- Springs, shocks, and bumpers
- Polyurethane padding
- Brake linings
Do Theme Park Rides Come With A Warranty?
Theme Park Ride Warranty
Competitive theme park ride manufacturers offer a year of warranty from the date of acceptance of inspection of the individual components as well as assemblies of the theme park rides like pistons, pumps, motors, axle beams, gearboxes, wheels, and tires, springs, and bumpers, etc.
You can avail services like parts replacement, technical support, troubleshooting, servicing, etc. as mentioned in the contract.
Mostly direct expenses like freights, charges for spare parts, accommodation charges for the dispatched technicians are borne by the manufacturer as long as they fall under warranty.
To avail of the perks offered under warranty, you may be asked to provide invoices and warranty vouchers.
How Much Do Rides Cost For An Average-Sized Theme Park?
Theme Park Ride Cost
Different types and sizes of theme park ride cost different.
Your average theme park ride, a roller coaster, for example, can cost anywhere from $1 million to $25 million for just the coaster body and seating.
Many of the more sophisticated theme park ride systems can cost up to $20-$30 million, or even more.
Smaller kids and family rides cost $10K-$100K on average. Costs may vary according to your design and size.
Taller structures, like tall water slides, pendulum rides, Ferris wheel can cost $60K on average.
So for an average-sized theme park, theme park rides alone can cost more than $50 million on average.
How To Operate Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Operation
Every theme park ride type is unique and comes with its own set of instructions and operating procedures.
Theme park rides manufacturers are responsible for the installation, commissioning, and initial acceptance inspection.
Some may provide training to the operating staff so that you can operate and perform basic troubleshooting.
You need to get your training and a license. You must strictly stick to the standard operating procedures mentioned in the manual before you operate a theme park ride.
You or your staff needs to learn and understand the following:
- Basic operational procedures.
- Safety procedures.
- Emergency procedures.
- Basic troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Secure seating, tight latching of the seat belts.
- Emergency braking/stopping methods.
Can You Place A Custom Order Of Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Custom Order
Yes, you can. The theme park ride manufacturers pull out a contract with you in which every detail is mentioned.
You can choose a design as per your requirement or ask for improvisation in the existing ones.
Your request is reviewed for feasibility by the technical support and design team.
If the changes that you are requesting are safe and feasible to execute, you are notified by your theme park rides manufacturer.
How Many Theme Park Rides Can You Buy In A Single Order?
You can buy as many as you are willing to pay for. Many competitive theme park ride manufacturers offer various services and perks if you place an order in bulk.
The manufacturing time may increase depending upon the placed order.
The shipping time may increase depending upon the port policies, customs, and container numbers.
Moreover, if you are importing theme park rides in bulk, you are likely to pick your container either from the port or nearby warehouse; otherwise, you need to pay extra charges to the trucking company to have the theme park rides delivered to your desired location.
How Much Electricity Do Theme Park Rides Use?
Theme Park Ride Energy
It depends upon the size of your theme park.
As theme park rides are all about motion, these rides operate at almost 4%-8% efficiency due to losses in friction.
For example, a motor with an average power of 100 horsepower uses 1.35 kilowatt-hours of energy to pull a rollercoaster uphill.
An average-sized park having 10-15 theme park rides are most likely to consume 50-100 electricity units (kWh) of energy every hour if theme park rides are running simultaneously.
This is a rough estimation and may vary depending upon the theme park ride size, motor power, and running time.
How Can Theme Park Rides Be Energy-Efficient?
Theme Park Ride Solar
Theme park rides can be energy efficient if they are powered with solar panels. Theme park rides need a lot of energy to power the theme park rides.
During the peak summer season, the crowd reaches its highest levels and theme park rides tend to be at their busiest in the middle of the afternoon when the sun is the brightest. This means they can generate the most power when they are consuming the most energy and hence can be energy efficient.
Many outdoor theme park rides can incorporate solar panels in their housing to meet their energy requirements and burn less fossil fuel during the month/year.
You can consider the following to reduce the energy used by theme park rides.
- Building tune-up of your theme park rides (recommissioning).
- Energy-efficient lighting (Green Lights) for your theme park rides.
- Load reductions (by using energy-efficient compressors and motors).
- Fan-system upgrades in bulky theme park rides.
- Heating-and-cooling-system upgrades.
Theme Park Ride Generation
It is going to depend upon the size of the theme park ride.
Some rides only need an air compressor to operate whereas others require extremely powerful electromagnetic motors and hydraulic pistons with pumps, which require dedicated generators.
Most theme park rides run on the same source so calculating an independent cost would depend on the size and type of your theme park ride.
For example, if the motor of the average theme park ride is rated at 220 kW. If this ride were to run at this rate for a 12 hour day, it would cost $320 in electricity on average.
So assuming that you have 12-14 theme park rides installed, those are going to cost you $40K-$60K per week to power your theme park rides.
How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Theme Park Ride Monthly?
Theme Park Ride Inspection
The monthly maintenance cost for your theme park ride depends on the theme park ride type and size, and your standards of maintenance.
Theme park rides are open to the public and show wear fast. Paint, greasing, oils, pistons, hydraulics, all need constant attention/replacement.
The theme park rides also need regular safety checks and inspections.
More costs are added if you need to replace expensive parts like axial beams, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps, broken chains, etc.
Moreover, periodic troubleshooting and technical checks add to this cost.
Unplanned power breakdowns, broken lights or music systems, faulty locking mechanisms add more cost as money and time is spent chasing vendors, locating faults, finding instructions, hiring a technician, etc.
How To Reduce Maintenance Cost Of A Theme Park Ride Monthly?
Theme Park Ride Maintenance
Monthly maintenance is a must for theme park ride and must be addressed with care. You need to do everything you can do to make sure that theme park rides are clean, safe, and are working efficiently to serve the customers.
There are some ways by which you can lower the monthly maintenance costs:
- Perform daily inspection and maintain the cleanliness of the surface of the theme park rides at all times.
The maintenance cost will increase if the surfaces are covered with dirt, chemicals for a long period.
Dirt left by birds and riders may cause permanent damage to the surface if not inspected daily.
- Check the running parts of the theme park rides regularly to keep theme parks running smoothly.
Make sure you check safety accessories, LED and music systems, locking and safety mechanisms, hydraulic control systems, etc.
- Make sure that only trained operation personnel are allowed to operate the theme park rides.
You should set rules and guidelines for equipment control and establish continuous monitoring.
The right operation can reduce maintenance costs.
- Hire trained professionals to do a daily inspection of critical equipment like bulky motors, gearboxes, driveshafts, beams, pumps, etc.
A tiny undesired vibration if located early can save the money spent for part replacement.
How Crowded Should Your Theme Park Ride Be To Make Profit?
Theme Park Ride Crowd
That depends on your profit expectations.
To make a profit, you need enough paying customers to pay off operating costs of the theme park rides, staff salaries, maintenance costs, etc.
Your theme park ride could very well break even or lose money on a day when weather conditions are poor, or lesser people are in the park.
These are the days when you do not get enough paying customers to run a theme park ride.
On other days like weekends, or carnivals, a theme park ride could generate 10 times more as theme park rides are packed with families.
How Do You Train Your Theme Park Rides Operators?
Theme Park Ride Training
The theme park ride manufacturer provides training and instruction manuals with every ride.
Every theme park ride type is unique and you should always train your operators to follow the instructions, rules, safety precautions, emergency operations, evacuation procedures, power loss emergency operations, etc.
Many competitive theme park ride manufacturers provide onsite training and charge an amount for it.
You should always keep the instructions manuals with your theme park ride operator.
You can even hire private firms to get your operators trained.
Many firms provide training in which they provide a basic understanding, including education seminars, webinars, instruction manuals, videos, and safety seminars and workshops where international safety standards and operational procedures are discussed.
Do Manufacturers Do Periodic Inspections Of The Theme Park Rides After Delivery?
Theme Park Ride Safety Inspection
That depends on the contract you had with the theme park ride manufacturer. Most of the time, visits are scheduled under warranty as described in the contract.
Once the theme park ride is installed and commissioned by the manufacturer, you are allowed to hire a firm to perform a safety inspection of the ride.
After that, you get in touch with the manufacturer to claim a warranty. You have to train your staff to handle periodic inspections.
The manufacturer provides installation and initial troubleshooting. After that period is over, you need to pay the manufacturer to provide you onsite technical support and inspection.
What Happens To The Theme Park Rides In The Rain?
Theme Park Ride Rain
Most theme park rides are designed to run in a reasonable amount of rain.
Some theme park rides like rollercoasters are shut down due to the effect on the braking system. Moreover, it’s only lightning in the area and downpours that will shut mostly tall theme park rides down, like pendulum rides, Ferris wheels, etc.
On some occasions, it doesn’t even have to rain for the weather to affect a tall theme park ride. Since lightning is always a risk, even in clear skies, you have to take caution of this. A weather phase 2A means lighting within a 10-mile radius of your park. This will shut down all tall theme park rides.
A weather phase 2B is lightning and thunder within 5 miles and will shut down all outdoor theme park rides.
You should never operate tall and high-speed theme park rides during heavy rain and lightning.
Keep exposed machine parts properly greased and coated to avoid corrosion.
Continuous downpours affect the outer body and the paint. Take extra care of paints and protective surface coating.
How Long Does It Take To Place Order And Get Delivery For Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Time
Your order is initiated once you have submitted the required documents, signed a contract, and paid the initial deposit.
After that manufacturing new rides could take months depending on the size and type of your theme park rides.
Delivery time depends on various factors like port congestion, weather conditions, customs, and border policies, etc. Delivery is cheapest when you do it via ocean freight, but takes the longest time because ships move a lot slower than planes.
If everything works out for you, you get the shipment after 30-40 days on average on your desired port after the manufacturer ships it.
If you decide to have it delivered to a specific location instead of the port, time increases, depending upon the location you provided to the trucking company.
For How Much Do Manufacturers Offer Technical Support For Theme Park Rides Once Delivered?
Theme Park Ride Technical
You can avail free of cost part replacements, technical support, and troubleshooting as listed in your contract, for as long as your theme park rides are under warranty.
The manufacturer could assist you with installation, commissioning, and initial training for free.
Under warranty, the manufacturer pays for the parts, team dispatching cost, freight cost, etc.
Once the warranty period is over, you need to pay for the assistance and services. The cost depends mainly on the service you require, parts you need, your park’s location, etc. and it could increase if you require an onsite visit by the team of technicians.
Which Certifications Should You Look For While Choosing The Manufacturer?
Theme Park Ride Certificate
Different private and public firms issue certifications to theme park ride manufacturers.
These certifications are different for each category, for example, for material strength, safety standards, electrical safety, theme park ride safety, safe operation, maximum load test, welding joint strengths, etc.
Your theme park ride manufacturer should be certified by well-credited firms like:
- NAARSO (National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials)
- AIMS (Amusement Industry Manufacturers and Suppliers)
- CAAPA (China Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions)
- IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions)
- BV (Bureau Veritas)
- CE Certification
- TUV Certification
- SC Certification
- UCS Certification
- AWS (American Welding Society)
- TEA (Themed Entertainment Association)
- RISA (Resource Industry Supplier Association)
- AME (Association of Manufacturing Excellence)
How Do You Choose Theme Park Rides Best Suited To Your Business?
Theme Park Ride Business
You can choose theme park rides best suited to your business in several ways.
- You should calculate the budget fixed for theme park ride procurement. According to your budget, you can start evaluating potential designs and types of theme park rides.
- Do a market survey and list out the designs of theme park rides that people are fond of.
- If you have a theme decided already, select those theme park rides that create a coherent look and feel.
- Explore themes and design choices for your theme park rides.
- Select theme park rides after careful evaluation of design and guest experience.
- You should have a plan finalized before you start working on the construction.
- Hire a professional team to analyze for you. Many theme park ride manufacturers provide design consultation according to your business plan.
How Much Time Does It Take To Install A Theme Park Ride Once Delivered?
Theme Park Ride Installation
The time to install a theme park ride in your park varies from ride to ride.
Some theme park rides are towering structures and are installed directly within few days.
While some theme park rides require a base structure and running platform.
Since you get delivery in the form of separate structures and beams, your theme park ride manufacturer is responsible for the installation and erection of the beams.
Your theme park ride manufacturer dispatches a team of technicians and engineers to your location to install the theme park ride and perform the required safety checks.
They perform all structural and safety analyses required. From commissioning the theme park ride to opening it to the public it takes 1-2 weeks on average depending upon the size and type of the theme park ride.
For example, assembling a bumper car ride, takes a day, whereas it may take up to several weeks to install a roller coaster or a Ferris wheel.
Does The Theme Park Rides Manufacturer Give Certificates To Your Employees After Training Is Complete?
Theme Park Ride Manual
Training certification by a theme park ride manufacturer depends on the scope and authority of that particular manufacturer.
Not all theme park ride manufacturers provide separate training and certifications to park’s employees so you have to look for one that does.
Theme park ride manufacturers provide a user instructions manual with every theme park ride they build. That includes electrical and mechanical diagrams, operation procedures, and basic troubleshooting.
If you want your theme park ride manufacturer to provide training and certifications to your employees, they may charge you for that.
Moreover, if you need to get your staff trained, there are different government authorized firms working in different countries that provide training and also certify the staff.
These certifications and licenses are then reviewed by local government authorities before you are allowed to operate a theme park ride.
Can You Ask The Manufacturer To Add Extra Features To The Theme Park Ride?
Theme Park Ride Coaster
Every theme park ride has a limit of extra features added to it.
You can forward a request to your theme park ride manufacturer about different customization you want to have.
Not all such requests are entertained especially when they do not conform to the safety and manufacturing standards.
Many competitive theme park ride manufacturers offer a lot of variety to choose from in the first place.
A team of technicians and design engineers review your request for feasibility and established structural standards, and notifies you about to what extent your request could be entertained.
In What Skills Do You Get Your Technicians Trained Once The Theme Park Rides Are Installed?
Theme Park Ride Technicians
The person operating a theme park ride should be properly trained for every situation that might arise.
Many international firms like IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) and IRT (International Ride Training) provide a substantial amount of training to the ride operators.
Operators are trained to perform professionally in different situations like:
- Customer service and customer management
- Safety procedure execution with clear communication
- Emergency procedures
- Safe ride operation
- Safety checks of the theme park ride.
- Administer safety guidelines
- Emergency initial troubleshooting
- Emergency evacuation methods
How To Do Mechanical Troubleshooting Of Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Fault
Troubleshooting of theme park rides is always subjected to the scope of the defect detected. If and only if the operator successfully identifies the fault and can fix it in time, he should be allowed to carry on with it.
You should never work on a defect that you are unsure about. Always leave critical work and defect analysis to the professionals.
Below are some common mechanical faults that may appear, and their troubleshooting methods:
- Defect- Theme park swing ride operates unsteadily.
- Reason- Rotator support bearing lacks oil.
- Fix- Add lubricating grease and spin the ride twice.
- Defect- Gear reducer making too much vibration and noise.
- Reason- Lack of oil, gear teeth breakdown.
- Fix- Add machine oil, replace the gearbox if needed.
- Defect- Theme park rides make a mechanical crash sound.
- Reason- There is debris between moving parts, wheel gear is worn out.
- Fix- Clean the rotating shaft, replace the parts if needed
You should always refer to the instruction manual that came with the particular ride and take extreme caution while performing the maintenance.
How To Do Basic Electrical Troubleshooting Of Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Electrical
You should refer to the user manual of that particular theme park ride, provided by the manufacturer to narrow down to the possible steps.
Below are common electrical problems in a theme park ride and ways to fix them:
- Defect- The theme park ride does not start when the button is pressed.
- Reason- Power fuse is blown, short circuit, abnormal voltage.
- Fix- Check power supply, change the fuse, check the power connections.
- Defect- Theme park ride not stopping after a fixed time interval.
- Reason- Time relay is damaged.
- Fix- Replace the time relay.
- Defect- Broken lights.
- Reason- Blown fuse, poor wiring connection, failed conducting ring.
- Fix- Replace the fuse, change the lamp, test the wiring.
- Defect- Music not playing.
- Reason- Amplifier not working, circuit burnout.
- Fix- Test the circuit and wiring connections.
What Documents Do You Need To Place An Order For The Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Business
You need to have an LLC registered under your name, under which all transactions are processed.
You should provide your income details to the bank or the business broker.
Your identity documents, bank account registered under your name, business documents, etc.
You should have a registered trademark, registered brand name, etc.
You should have identity proof (passport, NIC, voter ID), and proof of residence.
How Do You Perform The Inspection Of The Theme Park Rides Once Installed?
Theme Park Ride Certify
After your theme park rides are installed, you should always hire a well-reputed firm to perform an inspection for you.
There are lots of inspections and safety checks required before a theme park ride is declared fit for commercial operation and is opened to the public.
These firms are certified in carrying out all the inspection needed. That include:
- Inspection of temporary structures like rails and beams, before entry into service as well as in-service inspection.
- Preliminary design and structural review of the theme park ride.
- Analysis of structural, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems installed on the theme park ride. For example, motors, compressors, pistons, gearboxes, etc.
- Analysis of electrical connections and electronic components installed.
- Inspection of manufacturing material used and construction process.
- Welding and material approval for theme park ride joints.
- Welders approval where required.
- Review of installation, maintenance, and operation manuals provided by the theme park ride manufacturer.
- Dynamic PC simulation tests before 1st test run to ensure correct and safe operation.
- Verification of static evaluations before running.
- Electrical safety and emergency functions testing (backup systems of the theme park ride).
- Functional testing of the theme park ride movements (e.g. passenger and body clearances, interlocking mechanisms, pressure relief valves, braking system, speed, and acceleration limits)
- Testing and final commissioning of the theme park ride.
What Are The Standards For Theme Park Rides In Different Countries?
Theme Park Ride Standard
All theme park rides are subjected to rigorous testing and inspection before they are declared fit for operation.
Below are some standards for theme park rides in Europe, the US, Germany, and adjacent countries:
- ASTM F24 / ASTM F893-87 Theme park rides and devices
- ASTM F2974 – 17a- Standard guide for auditing of Theme park rides and devices
- ASTM F770 – 17– Standard practice for ownership, the operation required, maintenance procedures, and safety check of Theme park rides and amusement devices installed
- ASTM F2374 – 10- Standard practice for design, manufacture, operation, and maintenance of inflatable Theme park rides and devices
- DIN 15018 / Eurocode 3 / AISC Calculation of fatigue strength borne by a structure
- DIN 18800-7 / EN 729-2/3 / AWS Welding specification for heavy beams and railing joined together by welding.
- DIN EN 10204 / EN 10204 / ASME Material specification of a structure
- DIN EN 60204 Safety of electrical equipment installed on a theme park ride
- DIN EN 60204-1 / EN 60204 / AFPA 79 Code for electrical safety of a structure
- DIN EN ISO 13849-1:2008-12 New rides conformity report
- EN 13814 / SASO-EN-13814 Safety Fairground and Theme parks ride machinery and structures
- EN 1069 Water slides. Safety requirements and test methods of water slides and rides
- EN 1090 / VDTÜV 1507 Principle for inspection and testing of Theme parks rides
- EN 1176 Amusement equipment and surfacing. General safety requirements and test methods for a tall structure
- EN 13219 Gymnastic equipment. Trampolines, jumping stands. Functional and safety requirements, test methods for conformity
- EN 14960 Inflatable amusement equipment for kids. Safety requirements and test methods for conformity
- ISO 13849-1 Safety of machinery, general principles for design (old theme park rides)
- SASO-ASTM-F1159 Standard practice for designing and manufacture of artificial climbing walls, dry slides installed, coin-operated rides and purposeful water immersion theme park rides and devices and air-supported structures found in a park
- SASO-ASTM-F2974 Standard Guide for auditing Theme park rides and devices
- SASO-IEC-60204-1 Safety of machinery – Electrical equipment of machines and moving structures
What Different Types Of Material Are Used In Building A Theme Park Ride?
Theme Park Ride Material
Different theme park rides are a mixture of different materials. Mainly the theme park rides are made up of:
- High-grade steel and iron
- Plastics (acrylic, polycarbonate, PETG, ABS, styrene, HDPE)
- Rubber and leather
How To Make Sure Theme Park Rides Are Safe To Operate?
Theme Park Ride Safe
Once your theme park ride manufacturer installs and commissions the theme park ride, he would perform all the testing required before handing it over.
The manufacturer will test the structure, joints, high stress-bearing elements, safety elements, emergency protocols, braking systems, etc.
Moreover, you can hire a private firm or an agency for the inspection to make sure everything is working fine and efficiently.
Theme park rides are tested at higher than normal speed conditions to make sure the theme park rides can deliver when opened to the public and are safe for operation.
You should never undertake the inspection on your own since there are hundreds of safety checks needed and not everybody can spot a defect.
How To Get Permits To Operate Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Permit
After your theme park ride manufacturer has installed and tested the theme park rides, you still need permits for local government bodies and departments to operate those rides.
You need to fill out a form provided by local authorities and pay a fee.
You need to submit all details including your staff and theme park ride manufacturer.
To obtain a permit, you need to provide the following:
- A completed “Worker and/or Volunteer Staff Roster” form listing all staff members (operators, attendants, assistants, and/or volunteers) that will be operating theme park rides after installation.
- A substance abuse policy, that includes random drug testing of the operators and assisting staff.
- Criminal history records for all employees operating or assisting in the operation of theme park rides.
- Manuals for each theme park ride in operation provided by the manufacturer.
- Written documentation of theme park ride-specific training to all operators and assisting staff.
- All safety and operation certifications are obtained from various authorized firms and agencies.
What Are The Advantages Of Buying Theme Park Rides From Chinese Manufacturers?
Theme Park Ride China
The theme park ride manufacturing industry is getting very competitive in various parts of the world. If you are considering buying your theme park rides, Chinese manufacturers provide various advantages like:
- You can get competitive yet cheapest rates if you purchase from Chinese theme park ride manufacturers.
The reason is that China is the hub of stainless steel, reinforced plastic, fiberglass, and the carbon fiber industry. They don’t have to import raw material from anywhere else in the world. China is the leading exporter when it comes to the steel and plastic industry.
- Shipping your theme park rides to your doorstep is the cheapest when you choose a Chinese theme park ride manufacturer.
The reason is inexpensive labor in China. Leading tech giants set up their factories in China due to the inexpensive labor it provides.
- You can buy theme park rides directly from a factory in china. This saves you the cost of any agency or profit-making middlemen.
- China ports are one of the largest and most busy ports in the world. With so much competition going on, you can find the cheapest and safest shipping provided by theme park ride manufacturers based in China.
- Theme park ride manufacturers provide a wide range of designs to choose from. You can even ask for customized design, Theme park ride manufacturers in china will provide the design and service of your desire.
- They provide a variety of safe transaction options. You can even visit the factory to deposit your payments.
- You don’t have to acquire special licenses to import theme park rides from Chinese manufacturers. Even Chinese suppliers can handle all the logistics for you.
- Theme park ride manufacturers in china abide by the highest standards of construction and safety. All products are subjected to high-stress testing before they are shipped.
- Theme park ride manufacturers offer additional services like offer park designs, make a feasibility report, etc. to help you expand your business. They can provide training for operation and regular maintenance as well.
Do Chinese Theme Park Ride Manufacturers Offer Cheap Rates?
Theme park rides manufacturers provide the cheapest rates for theme park rides. Being an industrial hub of the stainless steel and plastic industry, Chinese theme park manufacturers do not need to import raw materials from other countries.
The raw materials and the labor are procured from within china. Since manufacturers are spending less on the manufacturing process, you can enjoy affordable rates while making a purchase.
In China, the labor is inexpensive and trained. They come together with an efficient team of technicians and engineers to put together amazing theme park rides that are both innovative and efficient.
China leads the world in ocean freights. China is one of the biggest exporters of industrial goods in the world. Due to the huge shipping business established in china, you can benefit from competitive rates when it comes to shipping as well.
What Is Included In The Inspection Of The Theme Park Ride After Installation?
Once you have got your theme park rides installed and working, you should always hire a well-reputed firm to do inspection checks and safety analysis for you.
The inspection team should be certified by leading theme park ride assessment firms like IAAPA and NAARSO since you are entrusting them with your reputation and well being of your customers.
Following tasks are usually performed while doing inspection:
- Visual Inspections
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Eddy Current Testing
- Industrial Radiography
- Structural Steel Inspections
- Track Inspections
How To Apply For A License To Operate A Theme Park Ride?
After your theme park rides are installed, you need to obtain an operator license before you can operate a theme park ride.
- You are eligible to have a theme park ride operator license if you have a driver’s license.
- You don’t owe the state any fine or money.
- If you have a state license, you still need to have a city license.
- You need to complete the theme park rides application issued by the state.
- Certificate of liability insurance.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- All theme park rides are certified by local government authorities.
- You need to fill out an online application form provided on the state website.
- The local bodies review the application and issue a license if everything seems fine.
What Is The Process Of Purchasing Theme Park Rides From The Manufacturer?
Theme Park Ride Process
The whole process can mainly be classified into the following phases:
- First of all, you contact the sales and representatives team of the theme park ride manufacturer and collect all the information you need about theme park rides.
- You collect all the relevant documents of your business and make a contract.
- You pay 30% of the payment in advance.
- Theme park ride manufacturer confirms and processes your order.
- The manufacturing of the theme park rides start.
- The manufacturer gets back to you once the process of manufacturing is complete.
- You provide all the shipping details to the manufacturer and pay the remaining 70%.
- The manufacturer ships the order to your desired location.
- You inspect the theme park rides and confirm that you have received your goods.
Can You Install Theme Park Rides On Your Own After Delivery?
You should always seek professional help while installing a theme park ride in your theme park. There are tons of calculations and assessments required while installing a theme park ride and only professional engineers and technicians are qualified for such sophisticated tasks.
Even if the theme park ride comes with an installation manual, you should always let the professionals do the job.
Almost in all cases, theme park ride manufacturers are responsible for the installation and commissioning of theme park rides after delivery.
There are a lot of variables and calculations involved while performing safety checks on the theme park rides alone.
If international standards are not met, you are risking your reputation and the well-being of your customers.
Can You Ask For Customization After A Theme Park Ride Is Delivered?
Many competitive theme park ride manufacturers provide after-delivery or on-spot customization if the request is feasible to execute.
For example, if you need to get the whole design changed altogether, that is highly unlikely to do outside a well-equipped workshop.
Other modifications like different lighting arrangements, additional music components, extra safety harnesses, etc. are likely to execute on-site.
So, it is advised that you should always forward your customization requests while the theme park rides are being manufactured and assembled.
Can Theme Park Ride Manufacturers Help You In Designing The Park?
Yes, they do. Many leading theme park ride manufacturers provide additional services like park design and site inspection.
If you are new to the business or you require professional help regarding the design, you can get in touch with well-reputed theme park ride manufacturers.
A team of design engineers, professional technicians, and precision fabricators helps you design a new park or redesign an existing one or even professional overall planning.
You are provided with 2D and 3D drawings, animation videos, feasibility reports, cost analysis, etc. of the park along with theme park rides.
How To Get Spare Parts For The Theme Park Rides?
Theme Park Ride Spare
Many leading business owners in the theme park rides manufacturing industry provide spare parts as a part of their aftersales services.
You can get in touch with the manufacturer over a phone call and submit your query.
The sales team checks for the availability of the parts requested and gets back to you.
After you have confirmed the order, the parts are shipped right away.
They may arrive at your doorstep by the ocean or by air, depending upon the size, weight, and quantity of the parts requested.
If you are ordering parts when you are under warranty, you can avail them for free. Even the shipping and on-site installation of the parts are borne by your theme park ride manufacturer.