Tower Rides Expert Manufacturer
European Quality Standard with Competitive Price
Double Hydraulic Cylinder Offers More Smooth Feeling
Multi Safety Configuration Ensure Safety
High-tech Intelligent Display Screen
Recommend Tower Rides for Sale
You can find different types of European standard tower rides from 12m to 50m height and can customize according to your unique requirement.
Sinorides can also provide theme park design to help you quickly make the theme park layout and plan.
Your Premier Tower Rides Manufacturer in China
Sinorides is a premier tower rides manufacturer and you can get the European standard tower rides with affordable price from Sinorides. Your tower rides can hold different weight people with the high grade FRP seats.
Sinorides manufacture your tower rides with Double Hydraulic Cylinder to let your park visitors have a smooth feeling. You can use your favorite style to customize the painting and lighting of your tower rides.
The shoulder pressure of Sinorides tower rides adopts double-safety mechanical shoulder pressure, which is locked during operation, which better protects the safety of the occupants.
The design drawings of Sinorides tower rides have passed the design approval of China Special Inspection Institute, and it means recognition of the design in terms of force calculation, structural rationality, product safety performance, etc.
Tower Rides for Sale Project
Sinorides use the cylinder pressure detection device to make your tower rides hydraulic system more safe.
Your tower rides becomes more safe as Sinorides use the break protection equipment to make the transmission system stable.
Your park visitors are safe when the tower rides speed is out of control as Sinorides apply buffer dampers to protect the tower rides seats.
Sinorides can send engineers to help you install the tower rides and adjust it to the best status of performance. This could save you lots of time and cost on seeking technical person in your local place.
Besides installation, you and your employees will learn how to operate and check your tower rides in daily work. It is very important for your park business.
Sinorides Tower Rides Manufacturing Capacity to Boom Your Park Business
|TECHNICAL DATA||18m Drop Tower/23m Drop Tower/30m Drop Tower||35m Star Flyer/43m Star Flyer/48m Star Flyer|
|Number of Seats||12P/16P/16P||32P/32P/36P|
|Version||Park Model||Park Model|
Please contact our support team to get the complete technical drawings for Sinorides tower rides.
Sinorides is Reliable Tower Rides Manufacturer
Sinorides tower rides bring thrilling experience to your park visitors with safety ensured.
The quality of Sinorides tower rides exceeds the national standard and gets approval from the China Special Equipment Inspection Institute.
Sinorides apply spectral analysis to ensure your tower rides pin shaft in qualified grade.
Sinorides adopts many protection devices for tower rides to make the entire system safer. Your tower rides is equipped with multi settings to effectively protect the cockpit and people when the equipment speed is abnormal.
You can easily monitor the operating status of the tower rides and alarm fault prompts with a high-tech smart display screen.
Besides these, Sinorides install the lightning rod on your tower rides to avoid lightning strike in bad climates.
Sinorides tower rides use four independent wire ropes and wire rope break protection devices to protect your park visitors’ safety.
Sinorides also apply the safety bar, safety belt and other interactive protection measures to improve your tower rides safety.
Sinorides use magnetic powder to detect if there are any welding defects for your tower rides.
Sinorides tailor your tower rides seats with reinforced mechanical shoulders to ensure people with different heights and weights can be securely locked on the seats.
Sinorides use the cylinder pressure detection device to make your tower rides hydraulic system more safe.
Tower Rides -The Ultimate FAQ Article
Tower ride Introduction
Are you an amusement park owner and want to generate more revenue by installing more rides for thrill-seekers? Are you thinking of buying tower rides and looking for guidance on how to get started, manufacturing, and installation process?
In either case, we are here to help.
We have compiled this FAQ guide to help you get the answers to your queries and help you understand what works best for your business.
What Is a Tower Ride?
A tower ride or a drop tower or big drop is a type of amusement ride that consists of a central structure or tower that may vary in height,seating capacity, lift mechanism type, and brake type. Riders are taken to the top of the tower and then “dropped”. They experience free-fall initially, followed by rapid heavy deceleration. Brakes (magnetic mainly) slow the gondola down as it approaches the bottom of the ride.
The drop speed varies for different designs of tower rides.
What Are the Main Components of A Tower Ride?
Tower ride Components
Tower rides vary in size, seating capacity, and braking mechanisms used. The main components of a tower ride are:
• Mainly a tower ride or a drop tower consists of a central tower that acts as a base of the whole structure.
• A seating arrangement is a ring structure encompassing the tower as it moves upwards via a lifting mechanism, commonly known as a gondola.
• A braking mechanism that used magnets as a deceleration device causing the dropping gondola to stop fast yet not causing rapid change in momentum.
• Led lights, tilting seats, extended gondola arrangements are also seen in some variations.
What Is the Maximum Drop Speed of A Tower Ride?
Tower ride Speed
The drop speed of tower rides varies with different designs and heights. When the operator counts to 3, 2, 1, the pulling mechanism disengages and causes the gondola to drop at rapid speeds.
In the USA, drop towers are one of the fastest amusement rides. Since it is a free fall, the weight of the riders as well as the gondola sends riders screaming down to the bottom approaching a speed of 60mph that is roughly 25 meters per second.
How Many Variations of Tower Rides Are Available in the Market?
Tower ride Type
Tower rides come in various designs and variations including different heights, seating arrangement designs, LEDs, etc.
• Double Shot that used compressed air to rapidly propel the riders up the tower and gently drop them with series of air-cushioned bounces.
• Space shot that used compressed air to propel the pistons down and carry the passengers up the tower and dropped.
• The super shot that ascends the riders to the top, drops rapidly. As the car reaches the bottom of the tower, it slows through magnetic or air-powered brakes
• Turbo Drop used air-powered brakes to stop the dropping riders.
How Does a Tower Ride Work?
Tower ride Work
The mechanism of the drop tower consists of a central tower around which rows of seats are placed with the riders facing outward away from the central tower.
In the center of the tower is a large columnar pipe system. A cable that is attached to a piston on one end, looped over a pulley at the top of the tower, and attached to the seat carriage on the other.
The piston moves down either by crane or compressed air causing the riders to move up. Once the riders reach the top, the cable is disengaged causing a rapid free-fall.
The riders upon reaching the bottoms are either stopped by using magnetic brakes or an air braking system.
How To Do Fault Diagnosis of the Motor of Tower Rides?
Tower ride Fault
Motors are used in different parts of the drop tower ride. Some tower rides are lifted by a crane that is supported by the main motor.
In some variations, another motor is used to rotate the gondola around its axis to increase the thrill.
In some cases, if the ride is not moving, immediately stop the operation, isolate the motor and disconnect the power supply.
Make sure that the fuse is fine and the connections are tight. The power line is not being interrupted due to damaged insulation or bad winding. If the power line is secure and the motor is getting overheated, it is usually a fault with the carbon brushes or the winding itself.
What Is The Basic Procedure Of Operation And Testing Of A Tower Ride?
Tower ride Basic
In the case of tower rides, like all other amusement rides must be thoroughly tested and inspected before it is opened to the public.
Tower rides should be thoroughly examined along with the interior parts like cables, braking systems, etc. at least once a year by a state-nominated technician.
The appointed person checking the ride should be qualified and with adequate experience and knowledge of safety assessment and moving parts of the drop tower rides.
The central tower should be tested for cracks and bends, the compressors providing brake force should be thoroughly examined.
How To Do A Mechanical Inspection Of The Tower Rides?
Tower ride Inspection
Follow the below-mentioned steps to do a mechanical inspection of tower rides.
• Examine the base of the central beam and check the chains for cracks and bending
• Check that all nuts and bolts in the seating are tight and secure.
• Check the braking mechanism as it is the most important aspect.
• Check and make sure that all bearings are well lubricated and there are no undesired vibrations.
• Check the safety locking mechanisms are working.
• Refer to the user manual provided by the manufacturer for detailed information.
What To Do If A Tower Ride Needs A Spare Part?
Tower ride Spare
Some of the spare parts of a tower ride are readily available in the market, like motors, LEDs, fuses, compressors, chains, and cables, etc.
Sophisticated parts like the programmable electronic systems including PLCs, central modules, etc. are unique to each model and design variation.
You need to submit the invoice in which the model number is mentioned to the sales team of the manufacturer. Your query is directed to the design department.
If the part is available, you are notified of the cost and shipping time. If you are claiming the warranty, you do not have to pay for the parts ordered.
What Is The Power Consumption Of An Average-Sized Tower Ride?
Tower ride Power
Power is consumed by the tower rides while pushing the passengers to the top of the tower. This can be done via a powerful AC motor.
The power consumption hence varies with the size of the ride, the distance the motor needs to push the ride, the weight of the gondola, etc.
An average-sized ride that is 475 feet high, with a seating capacity of 24-30 passengers and a cycle time of 2 minutes consumes 300kW of energy on average.
Which Certifications Should You Look For While Choosing The Manufacture For Tower Rides?
Tower ride Certifications
You should always look for certain certifications while purchasing your tower ride. It is crucial as your business depends on the safety the ride has to offer. Many state and privately own firms provide technical assessment of the manufacturing facility as well as the tower rides.
Some prominent names are:
• NAARSO (National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials)
• AIMS (Amusement Industry Manufacturers and Suppliers)
• CAAPA (China Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions)
• IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions)
• BV (Bureau Veritas)
• CE Certification
• TUV Certification
• SC Certification
• UCS Certification
• AWS (American Welding Society)
• TEA (Themed Entertainment Association)
• RISA (Resource Industry Supplier Association)
• AME (Association of Manufacturing Excellence)
How Much Time Does It Take To Install A Tower Ride Once Delivered?
Tower ride Install
Tower rides or drop towers are exceptionally tall structures. There are no “miniature” variations of the tower rides. Average heights extend beyond 450 feet.
To install the central tower alone, it takes 2-3 days to finish the survey of the site alone. After that, the base is constructed on which the central tower is to be mounted. It takes almost a week to finally construct such a concrete base to support the central tower.
After that, the tower is erected on the base pipe by pipe. That takes 3-4 weeks to assemble. After that, a seating arrangement is assembled around the tower. Cables and chains are connected. So, it roughly takes 2 months on average to install a tower ride.
How Do You Choose The Best Tower Rides’ Manufacturer?
Tower ride Manufacturer
After you have analyzed the feasibility of the tower rides and selected your design, you are all set to look for a manufacturer to meet your requirements.
Keep the following in consideration while selecting a manufacturer for your tower rides:
• The manufacturer follows the highest standards of safety while manufacturing the rides.
• The tower ride manufacturer provides high-quality products and shipping options.
• The tower ride manufacturer offers competitive prices and services.
• The tower ride manufacturer offers additional services like installation, technical support, theme park designs, container loading, multiple modes of payment, etc.
Do Tower Rides Come With A Warranty?
Tower ride Warranty
All tower ride manufacturers offer an almost 5-year warranty from the date of acceptance of inspection of the individual components like motor, compressors, pistons, brakes, etc. and 1-2 year warranty for assemblies of the tower rides like axle beams, gearboxes, wheels, springs, and bumpers, etc.
To avail of the perks offered under warranty, you may be asked to provide invoices and warranty vouchers.
Mostly direct expenses like freights, charges for spare parts, accommodation charges for the dispatched technicians are borne by the manufacturer as long as they fall under warranty.
Do Tower Rides Manufacturers Dispatch A Team If You Need Technical Support?
Tower ride Technical
As long as the tower ride is under warranty provided by the manufacturer and you can produce a warranty voucher and the invoice, you can avail of onsite technical assistance for free.
The terms and conditions for claiming such a visit are mentioned in the contract as a part of after-sales services by the manufacturer.
You need to get in touch with the sales team of the manufacturer over email or phone call to submit your request along with your invoice number, the model number of the ride, etc.
The accommodation charges, travel expenses, etc. are borne by the manufacturer if the ride is under warranty. If not, you need to pay for everything.
During The Lifetime Of A Tower Ride, Which Parts Need Periodic Replacement?
Tower ride Replace
Key components of a tower ride such as motors, cranes, pistons, compressors, etc. are designed to work well even after a decade of installation if periodically maintained. Such parts don’t need periodic replacement.
Other components like bearing, clutch plates, lubrication oil, brake pads, gearboxes, etc. undergo wear with time and should be timely checked for the replacement to avoid serious damages to the ride in the future.
How To Operate A Tower Ride?
Tower Ride Operator
Different variations of tower rides incorporate different operating procedures that are listed in detail in the user manual provided by the manufacturer.
Every tower ride is unique and you should always refer to the instruction manual to ensure safe and smooth operation.
The manufacturer often provides training to the staff for daily operation and troubleshooting. You can even hire a private firm to get your staff trained.
You need to get your staff trained for basic operational procedures, safety procedures, emergency procedures, basic troubleshooting, and maintenance, secure seating, tight latching of the seat belts, and emergency braking/stopping methods.
How To Get A Certification Of Your Tower Ride From Certification Firms?
Tower Ride Firm
Different certifying firms incorporate different procedures to provide certifications to the manufacturers as well as the tower rides.
Similarly, different countries have different laws and operating methods to receive applications and provide certifications that are listed on their respective websites.
You need to follow the given steps, in general, to get your tower ride certified:
• Visit the official website to check the essential requirements and make sure your ride follows all the conformity standards and state guidelines.
• Hire a firm to assess whether or not your ride follows the standards and what do you need to do to acquire conformity.
• After that, you need to test if the tower ride follows all the modules of conformity established by the respective state.
• You need to submit all technical documentation citing the date of manufacturing.
• You need to declare conformity. This document is produced by the manufacturer as its legal obligation.
• If there are no issues with the process, you are awarded the certifications.
Can You Ask The Manufacturer To Add Extra Features To The Tower Ride?
Tower Ride Firm
Tower rides are available in various designs and variations. You can always choose from the designs available at the manufacturing factory. Many leading business owners provide a large variety of designs to choose from.
Since every amusement ride has a limit of extra features added to it. You cannot simply go beyond that due to structural and cost limitations.
You can submit your request, but not all such requests are entertained especially when they do not conform to the safety and manufacturing standards.
A team of technicians and design engineers review your request for feasibility and established structural standards, and notifies you about to what extent your request could be entertained.
How To Do An Electrical Inspection Of The Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Electrical
Most variations of tower rides are electrically powered as well as stopped. The motor that pulls the rider upwards the tower is always prone to electrical malfunctioning. Similarly, the braking system also incorporates electromagnetism to stop a dropping ride.
To perform an electrical examination of the motor, LED lights, etc. you should follow the given steps:
• Remove all the external covers to check that wiring is insulated and secure.
• Check that plugs are not damaged and connections are tight.
• Check all the terminals and cables for rusting and damage.
• Check that all metal parts of the body of the ride are properly grounded.
• Motor connections are tight; there are no exposed energized parts.
What Are Your Duties As A Tower Ride Owner?
Tower Ride Warning
Tower rides are one of the tallest and fastest amusement rides, so being the owner you are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of your customers and your ride.
You are responsible for many critical tasks like:
• Your staff is well trained and follows the highest levels of professionalism.
• The tower rides are properly inspected daily and oil is changed periodically.
• Warning signs are displayed specifying prohibited behaviors, number of passengers, and weight permitted.
• Periodic thorough inspection, license renewal, and arranging a state-nominated professional to carry out an inspection every 6 months.
What Documents Do You Need To Place An Order For The Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Documents
Tower rides cost anywhere from 40K USD to 60K USD. To place an order in bulk or even a single order, you need to provide some documents to secure your transactions.
You are usually directed by the sales team of your manufacturer about the documents that you need to provide to process your order in bulk.
You need to have an account registered under your name, under which all transactions are processed on your behalf.
You should provide your income details to the bank or the business broker.
Your identity documents, bank account registered under your name, business documents, etc.
You should have a registered trademark, registered brand name, etc.
You should have identity proof (passport, NIC, voter ID), and proof of residence.
What Are The Technical Specifications Of An Average-Sized Tower Ride?
Tower Ride Specifications
Different variations offer different design and performance specifications. Below are some specifications of an average-sized tower ride.
Average Tower Height: 120m-130m
Portable Model Height: 54 m (117 ft)
Passenger Capacity: 24 or 32 riders
Hourly Throughput: 480 PPH
Maximum average rotational Speed: 70 km/h (43 mph)
Maximum average vertical Speed: 2.2 m/s (2.6 ft/s)
Foundation Style: Foundation or Trailer-Mounted
Ride Control System: Allen-Bradley PLC system
Electrical Power Required: 130 or 150 kW
Height Restriction: 112 cm (44 in)
How To Make Sure Tower Rides Are Safe To Operate?
Tower Ride Safe
Once your manufacturer installs and commissions the tower ride, he would perform all the testing required before handing it over for commercial operation.
You should have the structure, joints, high stress-bearing elements, safety elements, emergency protocols, braking systems, etc. tested by a state-nominated firm.
Tower rides are tested at higher than normal speed conditions to make sure that rides can deliver when opened to the public and are safe for operation.
You should never undertake the inspection on your own since there are hundreds of safety checks needed and not everybody can spot a defect.
How Many Tower Rides Can You Buy in a Single Order?
Tower Ride Order
The number of tower rides you want to buy depends on your business requirements and your budget you are willing to spend.
There are no constraints when it comes to the number of tower rides purchased in a single order.
The manufacturing and shipping time is increased depending upon the order placed. The cost of shipping also increases as you are shipping more than one container.
You may be entitled to some perks by the manufacturer if you are placing a bigger order, like discounted rates, free inspections, some free maintenance service, etc.
How To Reduce The Maintenance Cost Of A Tower Ride Monthly?
Tower Ride Maintenance
To reduce monthly maintenance costs and to avoid undesired troubleshooting, you need to make sure that tower rides are clean, safe, and are working efficiently.
There are some ways by which you can lower the monthly maintenance costs:
• Perform daily inspection and maintain the cleanliness of the surface of the tower rides at all times to spot any defect in time.
• Check the rails for lubrication daily to reduce any downtime.
• Inspect that the safety locking mechanism is working efficiently.
• Make sure that only trained operation personnel are allowed to operate the rides. The right operation can reduce maintenance costs.
• Hire trained professionals to do a daily inspection of critical equipment like main motor and braking systems.
• Always monitor the fatigue of the structure. Any signs of metal fatigue like bending or cracking should be immediately reported.
• Repairs to fatigue failures shall always be carried out by qualified welders under the supervision of the competent Person or surveyor.
What Steps Do You Need To Follow To Set Up Tower Rides In A Carnival?
Tower Ride Carnival
You need to acquire a license for that as installation of wave swinger in carnivals is always subjected to approval from local government authorities. You need to follow the guidelines provided by the state authorities.
Setting up the tower rides in a carnival is done in the following steps:
• You need to get the design approval first. Before starting any installation of tower rides, you are required to demonstrate, with all supporting documents, the efficiency of the body, the strength of the material, the stress-bearing limit of cables as well as safety-related equipment.
• You need to submit a design document in which all electrical and mechanical designs are stated as well as the operation procedures and emergency procedures
• After that, you are required to obtain a permit before you install a ride in a carnival.
• A state-nominated inspector is designated to vary out a thorough examination of the details provided.
Do Tower Ride Manufacturers Charge For Training?
Tower Ride Charge
You can avail of this service as a part of after-sales services by many competitive manufacturers all around the globe.
Many tower ride manufacturers provide operation training as a part of the contract.
They provide seminars, safety lectures, operation and maintenance training, emergency rescue methods, etc. They usually do it free of cost.
After that, if you are to hire new staff and require the manufacturer to help you train your employees, they are going to charge you for that depending upon your location, time and services required, etc.
You can also hire private firms to provide training to your staff. They often provide certifications to your staff.
How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Tower Ride Monthly?
Tower Ride Monthly
It depends upon the design and size of the tower ride.
Since there are a lot of moving parts, they tend to show wear fast. Paint, greasing, oils, pistons, hydraulics, all need constant attention.
Tower rides require a daily inspection to prevent any type of undesired downtime so you need to pay the person doing that.
More costs are added if you need to shut down the ride to replace expensive parts like hydraulic pumps, broken chains, etc. as money and time are spent chasing vendors, locating faults, finding instructions, hiring a technician, etc.
Moreover, periodic troubleshooting and technical checks add to this cost.
How Braking System Of A Tower Ride Works?
Tower Ride Braking
The seating arrangement ring known as the gondola in the ride has permanent magnets under it.
In the lower third of the tower, copper strips are mounted vertically. When the cart falls, the fall generates kinetic energy which is transferred to the magnets below the seats.
When the magnets reach the copper conductor mounted on the lower region of the tower, the kinetic energy is transformed into electrical energy that induces an electric current. The induced current in the copper strips also creates a magnetic field of its own.
According to Lenz’s law, that magnetic field opposes the motion of the magnets mounted below the gondola. As a result, the magnetic field pushes up against the seat, causing the cart to slow down. These magnetic brakes are used with hydraulic cylinders to further slow the falling cart down.
How To Maintain The Structure Of The Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Structure
Follow the given steps to maintain the overall structure and appearance of the tower rides:
• Perform daily inspection of the outer surface of the gondola, the central tower, and the braking system.
• If there are chips or cracks on the central beam, immediately stop the ride and hire a professional to measure the extent of the damage.
• Make sure that moving parts are not exposed to moisture and are well covered with paint or grease.
• Look for insulation damages in electric circuits and boards and schedule downtime to perform required maintenance.
• If the bearing shows signs of wear that is beyond the permissible range, change the bearing to ensure safe operation.
• Hire a professional to carry out monthly inspections of the critical equipment.
What Are The Advantages Of Buying Tower Rides From Chinese Manufacturers?
Tower Ride Chinese
If you are considering buying tower rides after finalizing the designs and allocating the budget, Chinese manufacturers provide various advantages like:
• Since China is the hub of stainless steel, reinforced plastic, fiberglass, and the carbon fiber industry, you can get competitive yet cheapest rates if you purchase from Chinese tower ride manufacturers.
• Shipping your tower rides to your doorstep is the cheapest when you choose a Chinese manufacturer due to the competitive freight market thriving in china.
• You can buy tower rides directly from a factory in china. This saves you the cost of any agency or profit-making middlemen.
• China offers inexpensive and trained labor due to which you get to enjoy cheap rates.
• Chinese manufacturers provide a wide range of designs to choose from. You can even ask for a customized design.
• They provide a variety of safe transaction options. You can even visit the factory to deposit your payments.
• Chinese suppliers can handle all the logistics for you due to China being one of the largest exporters in the world.
• Tower ride manufacturers in china abide by the highest standards of construction and safety. All products are subjected to high-stress testing before they are shipped.
What Is A Design Document Of A Tower Ride?
Tower Ride Design
The design document of a tower ride is a manual provided by the manufacturer that includes vital information like:
• Details of designing manufacturer, serial number, model number, date of manufacture
• Motor/compressor/braking power ratings
• Duration of an average ride cycle
• Number of riders allowed in each run
• Maximum weight limit
• Height and age limits
• Description of construction and operation of the tower ride
• Details maximum height, maximum speed
• A comprehensive list of subsystems included
• Details of signaling and communication devices
• Means of braking and stopping
• Operation details and emergency procedures.
• Outline of warning notices
• Quality assurance details
How To Get A Permit To Operate A Tower Ride In A Carnival After Installation?
Tower Ride Carnival
Acquiring a permit is important in every country to operate an amusement ride in a carnival. Local government authorities carry out several examinations and inspections before they issue you a permit. A permit has an expiry date and must be renewed after a specific period.
To acquire a permit, the following are the steps required:
• You need to submit user manuals and design documents with all relevant details covering all the daily operational procedures and maintenance issues to be carried out by your staff, as well as handling emergencies.
• After that, a state-nominated surveyor carries out a detailed inspection of the tower ride. It should comply with international standards and guidelines.
• The surveyor performs all the crucial safety checks to ensure that the tower ride is safe and ready to operate.
• You need to submit criminal history records for all employees
• You fill an online form provided by the state and apply for the permit.
• Your application is reviewed and state authorities get back to you with a confirmation.
Do Manufacturers Do Periodic Inspections Of The Tower Rides After Delivery?
Tower Ride Periodic
Many competitive tower ride manufacturers provide periodic maintenance as part of their aftersales services mentioned in the contract and you are entitled to a limited number of free inspections provided by the manufacturer.
After the installation and commissioning of the tower ride, the manufacturer also performs initial safety tests. You can hire a local firm to inspect for you.
During the warranty period, the manufacturer provides troubleshooting. After that period is over, you need to pay the manufacturer to provide you onsite technical support and inspection.
You have to train your staff to handle periodic inspections as it is less costly given that the warranty period/ free inspection period is over.
What Happens To The Tower Rides In The Rain And Bad Weather?
Tower Ride Rain
All tower rides are installed outdoor due to them being one of the tallest amusement rides. Since they are open-air rides, bad weather and rain can affect the normal operation of the tower rides.
Normally tower rides are designed to run in a reasonable amount of rain.
But in moderate to heavy rain, swing rides are shut down due to the significant effect on the safety of the riders.
Since brakes are magnetic, any power failure can cause irreversible damage to the riders, even death.
Even if it is not raining, lightning can affect the normal operation of a tower ride due to its operational height.
You should never operate tall and high-speed rides during heavy rain and lightning.
Keep exposed machine parts properly greased and coated to avoid corrosion.
Can You Install Tower Rides On Your Own After Delivery?
Tower Ride Delivery
Even all the installation details are provided in the user manual, but you should never try to install the ride on your own.
There are tons of calculations and assessments required while installing such heavy and tall structures, and only professional engineers and technicians are qualified for such crucial tasks.
Almost in all cases, theme park ride manufacturers are responsible for the installation and commissioning of theme park rides after delivery.
If international standards are not met, you are risking your reputation and the well-being of your customers as there are a lot of variables and calculations involved while performing safety checks alone.
Do Chinese Tower Ride Manufacturers Offer A Discount?
Tower Ride Discount
They could offer a discount if they are running a sales campaign or if you are placing an order in bulk.
Normally, rates provided by Chinese manufacturers are market competitive already as they provide affordable prices already.
The reason for cheap rates is that china is an industrial hub, is one of the largest exporters, has inexpensive labor, has a competitive freight market, etc.
It produces raw materials on its own like plastic, iron, steel, etc. It does not need to import any of the raw materials so you benefit from it.
How Do You Request The State For A Tower Ride Inspection?
Tower Ride State
Inspection by the state is mandatory even if you are setting up a ride for a carnival or permanently installing it in an amusement park. You are required to have rides inspected by the local government at least once a year.
A state-nominated professional inspects the ride and provides an inspection certificate each time a ride passes inspection and is allowed to operate for 1 year.
You need to pay an annual fee of $150-$300 depending on the size of the ride and the state laws of the area your ride is installed in.
To schedule an inspection, you are required to submit an application form with the relevant documents, manuals, diagrams, and fees to the local government office at least a month before the first day of operation of your ride or the expiration of the previous year’s permit.
After all the paperwork is reviewed and approved, the state department inspector will contact you to schedule an inspection.
What Is Included In The Inspection Of A Large Tower Ride After Installation?
Tower Ride Large
After the manufacturer has installed the tower ride and performed all the safety checks, you should always hire another well-reputed firm to carry out a thorough examination and inspections for you. It acts as an extra layer of security for your business.
Following tasks are usually performed while doing inspection:
• Visual Inspections
• Magnetic Particle Testing
• Liquid Penetrant Testing
• Ultrasonic Thickness Testing
• Ultrasonic Testing
• Eddy Current Testing
• Industrial Radiography
• Structural Steel Inspections
• Track Inspections
• Welding and material approval for joints
• Review of installation, maintenance, and operation manuals provided by the manufacturer.
• Dynamic PC simulation tests.
• Verification of static evaluations.
How To Install Large Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Install
All details regarding the installation of a tower ride are mentioned in the user manual. The manufacturer is responsible for the installation, commissioning, and performing the safety checks before handing it over.
The whole process of installation is generally divided as follows:
• Preparation of construction conditions of the tower ride like concrete base.
• Basic survey and laying-out that includes site inspection for the base.
• A basic inspection of the parts for cracks and damage before assembling.
• Installation & adjustment of the tower ride’s central tower on the base.
• Cleaning and assembling of components of the seating gondola to complete the installation.
• Construction of electrical components and power lines to power up the ride.
• Inspection of the safety harnesses, seat belts, braking systems, etc.
• Trial operation of the tower rides to ensure safe and smooth operation.
What Is The Serviceable Lifespan Of A Tower Ride?
Tower Ride Life
Tower rides mainly consist of the central tower, seating arrangement, braking systems, and the central power assembly.
Such parts are made up of industrial-grade iron and steel and can stand the test of time up to 5 decades or even more if maintained properly.
If they began to showing rusting and cracking due to moisture, the damaged pipes must be replaced.
Heavy-duty compressors, pistons, motors, etc. come with a warranty of 5 years on average. The extra features installed like the sound systems, the lighting system, etc. can last up to 5 years if routinely maintained and inspected.
What Safety Precautions Should You Look For On A Tower Ride While Purchasing?
Tower Ride Safety
Following safety features are a must when it comes to tower rides:
• Secure harness and seatbelts for the riders
• Enhanced emergency stopping control to shut down the ride in case of malfunction.
• The highest quality steel and iron frame used in the central tower
• Emergency safety belts that bear the increased load while emergency stopping of the ride
• CE/BV/ GOST certifications
• Enhanced magnetic braking control with additional hydraulic pistons to ensure safety.
What Skills Your Staff Should Be Trained For To Manage Tower Ride Operation?
Tower Ride Staff
Tower rides are one of the tallest and fastest rides and not everyone can manage to ride. You need to get your staff trained to ensure that the operation is safe and smooth.
Your staff should be trained for the following skills:
• Customer service and management to impose strict weight, height, and age limits.
• Emergency procedures execution in case the ride malfunctions.
• Safe ride operation
• Daily safety inspection of the critical components do prevent undesired downtime
• Administer safety guidelines while operating to ensure the safety of the riders and the ride
• Emergency troubleshooting
• Emergency evacuation methods
Which Shipping Plan Works Best With Tower Rides Shipping?
Tower Ride Ocean
As the tower rides weigh a minimum of 1000kg, shipping via ocean becomes the cheapest and effective plan. Shipping via ocean has the following merits:
• Ocean freight offers more capacity and value – one container can hold 2-3 average-sized rides and its components.
• Ocean freight has a much better carbon footprint than air freight since a heavy payload is delivered in one trip. It works well if you are shipping other rides as well.
• Nowadays, ocean LCL services are a lot cheaper and faster as ships are getting faster, canal route upgrades cutting delays on some routes, improvements to ocean tracking and safety, and a much more competitive freight market.
• Ocean freights offer high initial base costs but it works great when you scale. For example for 20Kg weight, you might need to pay $300. For 200kgs, the cost becomes $320 and for 2000kgs, the cost is $390.
How Do You Pay The Freight Forwarder For Your Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Freight
You need to pay some money in advance when you book a freight forwarder to deliver your tower ride if the manufacturer is not doing it for you.
The freight forwarder can handle the logistics for you as well for extra charges.
As the container arrives at your desired port and you are picking your ride yourself, you need to pay dues to the freight forwarder right away, like ocean freight cost and other surcharges.
If you are not picking up the container yourself, it is kept in the warehouse near the port. It is held there for 3-5 days for you to pick it up.
You can ask the freight forwarder to manage the shipment right to your step for extra charges applicable.
Do You Need Operators For Tower Rides At Your Park?
Tower Ride Staff
Yes, you do. Tower rides are bulky, fast, and tall structures with strict guidelines, usage limits, and warnings. To ensure that the operation is safe and smooth, you need to hire and train your operators.
Operators are not just responsible to turn the swinger ride ON and OFF, they are responsible for other crucial tasks as well.
Tower operators help ensure the safety of the rider who pays a fee to ride.
Operators assist the riders with the operations of park rides by asking them to fasten belts, hold bars, or other safety devices.
Operators help passengers to board the rides, explain safety procedures to them, educate them about evacuation routes and procedures, operate equipment that starts and shuts down rides, and describe the actions of the ride.
Read out the warning and situations that may disturb riders with certain health conditions, etc.
What Type Of Tower Rides Should You Buy For Your Business?
Tower Ride Types
The design, size, and variation choice are always yours as an owner. It depends on the design you are looking for, the feasibility of the site, the budget you are willing to spend, etc.
Choose bigger rides if your budget allows as they tend to generate more revenue due to their enhanced thrill experience and larger seating area.
Choose the designs that complement the business you are running, choose lighting and sound features that are in line with your business.
You can hire a design team to do it for you. Such design teams consider your budget and design requirements and provide you the suitable options to choose from.
Where Can You Buy Tower Rides For Your Business?
Tower Ride Variations
Many competitive amusement ride manufacturers in more than 4 continents deal in the manufacturing and selling of tower rides.
You need to finalize your design requirements and budget constraints then you should start looking for manufacturers. Different manufactures offer different sizes and design variations.
You need to get in touch with them via email or phone call and ask for a quotation and payment schemes.
You submit the required documents and sign a contract to get started.
How Much Time Is Required To Ship Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Time
The shipping time depends on the size of the order placed and your location. For shipping from China to the USA, ocean freight takes 30-40 days on average.
The reason is that ships move a lot slower than planes. Additional arrangements are required for ocean freight and ships move slower depending upon the ocean wind conditions and to save fuel.
If you are shipping bulk of theme park rides, after manufacturing is complete, the shipping company takes and 1-2 months if your park is located across the borders.
Furthermore, port congestion, customs delays, and bad weather conditions may further delay your shipment.
What Is The Shipping Cost For Tower Rides From China To The USA?
Tower Ride Voyage
For heavy shipments like a tower ride via becomes the cheapest method. China offers different packages for freight forwarding.
The costs may vary depending upon the weight, your selected transit method, and port policies in your country.
A full load container would cost you anywhere from $2000-$4000 for a 20’ container.
There are other costs included in the invoice other than base costs. For example:
• Dock Fees: That ranges anywhere between $50-$100
• Freight Forwarder Administration Fee: Ranging from $75-$200.
• Security Fee: Normally $50-$100 (Full Container Loads).
• Customs Clearance Fee: $100-$200 (plus applicable duties/taxes of your country)
• Final Truck Transportation from the bonded warehouse to your doorstep if you are not picking up yourself: $200+
What Is The Weight Limit For Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Weight
Different tower rides have different seating capacities hence different weight limits.
Abiding by the weight limits is crucial as there is limited space between the harness and the seat of a tower ride.
An average-sized ride that can accommodate 12-18 people has a weight limit of 1500kg. The motor is rated at 300kW that pulls such a payload to a height of 120m.
A large-sized tower ride that can accommodate 25-35 people has an operating weight limit of 2500kgs.
How do you pay the customs after your tower rides are shipped to your port?
After your tower rides are delivered to your country port, it becomes crucial to pay for customs before you are allowed to pick up your container. Paying for customs is important since every country has to keep a record of the goods entering its borders.
Most containers, especially from China have a percentage of tariffs associated with them normally in the range of 1-15%.
You need to fill out a “customs declaration form” that differs from country to country.
You can hire a customs broker to deal with the customs for you. They charge $150-$200 and handle all the paperwork for you without hassle.
Most freight forwarders also offer custom brokers for extra charges. Once you have cleared the customs, they notify the warehouse to release your container.
What Is The Procedure To Buy Tower Rides In Bulk?
Tower Ride Buy
You need to follow the given steps:
• You get in touch with the sales team of the manufacturer via email or telephone, get details regarding the designs, payment and shipping methods, etc. and place the order.
• Your order is processed by the team for confirmation
• You collect all the relevant documents asked by the manufacturer and create a contract.
• You pay 30% of the payment in advance.
• After the payment is confirmed by the sales team, you are notified.
• The manufacturer gets back to you once the process of manufacturing is complete or near completion.
• You provide all the shipping details to the manufacturer and pay the remaining 70%.
• You hire a freight forwarder to handle shipping for you if the manufacturer is not doing that for you.
• The freight forwarder picks your order from the manufacturer and ships the order to your desired location.
• You receive your goods once delivered to the port, take care of the customs.
How Should You Select A Site For Tower Ride Installation?
Tower Ride Ground
Selecting a site is so crucial that the owner often hires a firm to select a site to build the central tower on.
The site should be selected after careful consideration and assessment.
The ground chosen should be firm and leveled without holes and pots.
There should be adequate ground and side clearances to ensure a safe distance of people around the rides.
Fire extinguishers and emergency exits should always be accessible from the installation site.
How To Perform Test Operation Of Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Test
After the tower rides are properly installed and commissioned, a test run is performed to ensure that everything is working fine.
Before the test run commences, all safety checks are performed before applying power.
The ride is started without any applied load. The tower ride is pulled up and then dropped to check the brakes.
The dropping distance is gradually increased beyond the normal operational speed to test the strength of the beams and the cables. Emergency braking is mimicked to ensure correct working.
After that, the ride is loaded with 100-200 kg and run again. After the test is over, the data collected is analyzed for problems and safety hazards.
How To Perform Daily Safety Checks Of The Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Check
The daily inspection of a swinger ride includes a visual inspection of the power lines for external damages.
You should check and make sure that the main power line is undamaged.
Check the cables and chains for corrosion or external damages. Make sure that there are no undesired noises and vibrations.
There are no cracks on the seating and the locking mechanism is working correctly.
You should ensure that the braking system is working correctly. The magnets installed below the seats and the along the central tower are perfectly secure in their place.
Make sure that there are no air leakages in air-powered tower rides.
What To Do If The Tower Ride Breaks Down During Operation?
Tower Ride Emergency
You should immediately stop the tower ride and bring it down as slowly as possible.
Evacuate all the riders to safety and carry out the inspection to trace the defect. Refer to the user manual to narrow down your search.
You should contact the manufacturer’s technical team to explain the problem and act as the team directs.
If you are not able to trace the defect, hire a professional to do it for you. If the ride is under warranty, you should always contact the manufacturer.
Never try to spot and repair the defects on your own. Tower rides are heavy structures and they operate at great speed and acceleration. If you spot any grinding noise or undesired vibration, stop the ride, evacuate the riders, and hire a professional.
How Can You Maximize Income From A Tower Ride?
Tower Ride Revenue
You can maximize the income by making sure that there is as little downtime as possible and the ride keeps running.
Make sure that the location of your ride is free from any obstruction and it is easy to board the ride.
Make sure that the seats are clean from liquids and dirt as no one would want to board a ride with dirty seats.
The swing ride is routinely inspected to spot defects on time to cut maintenance costs.
Install fun to see lighting and sound systems to engage more customers.
Install different variations like a rotating gondola, gondola with extended arms, etc. to engage thrill-seeking customers.
How To Make Tower Rides Energy-Efficient?
Tower Ride Energy
Tower rides consume energy when the payload, the riders are being pulled up. It is done by either an electric motor or air compressors, both of which demand electrical energy.
There are some ways by which you can cut the energy costs:
• A periodic tune-up of the main motor/ air compressors.
• Energy-efficient lighting should be used
• Load reductions by using energy-efficient compressors and motors
• Proper lubrication of the central column over which the gondola slides up to reduce friction.
• Heating-and-cooling-system upgrades
What Are General Instructions You Need To Follow While Operating Your Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Instructions
Some general warning and boarding instructions are as follows:
• Display how the ride works. For example, this ride lifts the riders and drops them at a freefall before being stopped by a magnetic braking system.
• Maximum weight allowed should be strictly followed
• A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt is secure.
• Due to the nature of the restraints installed on the rides, the ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. Strictly follow that.
• Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg to balance the center of gravity of the rider.
• Amputations, if the rider has any, must be below the knee.
• You need to make sure that guests who do not have an appropriate center of gravity must have sufficient lower extremities to ensure the ride locking system adequately secures them.
• Riders who are using the cervical collar, neck brace, full or braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride at all.
• Riders with any type of prosthesis should not be allowed to board the drop tower unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the free fall.
• Make sure that riders do not use the ride restraints for support while entering or exiting, as they will shift during the normal operation of the ride.
• As the ride uses a magnetic system to stop the ride, riders having magnetic implants like pacemakers, etc. are not allowed to ride.
How To Perform A Risk Assessment Of The Design Of Tower Rides While Installation?
Tower Ride Guide
Before an amusement ride is opened to the public, you should always carry out a risk assessment of the ride.
The process has the following steps:
• Identification of hazards associated with the use of the tower rides, concerning the variables like the height of the tower, velocity, and acceleration.
• Carrying out an examination to determine the risks associated with such identified hazards; and design and implementing measures to either eliminate or minimize the identified risks.
• Risk analysis shall be conducted following the state and international laws. Otherwise, the process of risk assessment should be documented properly.
• For safety-critical engineering design, like rotating or extended arm gondola, where single-point failure or double point failures involving sensitive equipment, an additional assessment must be carried out.
• Carry out the Wind load test as it is compulsory for every ride that extends above 5m, by using a design wind speed of 72km/h to ensure safety.
• Always take into account the forces on the tower due to assembling/erecting. And also the forces due to unusual conditions e.g. induced tower vibrations from the neighboring environment.
How To Inspect Maintenance Access On The Tower Rides?
Tower Ride Access
Maintenance access means the fixed platforms, walkways, stairways, and ladders, which are used by the crew for operation, inspection, maintenance, or servicing purposes.
There should be safe passages for the maintenance crew installed on the structure of the tower rides. In design documents of the tower rides provided by the manufacturer, such passages, stairways are documented in detail.
Along with the maintenance of the tower ride itself, the maintenance access passages must be inspected for bending, cracking, failure due to fatigue or corrosion, etc.
Make sure that provisions of guarding and safety are provided for the prevention of falls from height.