The daily operation of the playground usually requires attention to many issues, such as warning signs, the safety of minors, staff patrols, first aid training, insurance, etc.
1. Post and hang warning signs or use rules in apparent positions. And explain the operation of projects with high-risk coefficients to customers in detail. In addition, the venue broadcast should also broadcast relevant safety warnings.
2. When minors play in the playground, they must insist on allowing their parents to accompany and supervise them. Parents must sign the safety notification form before entering the venue. Many venue operators find this troublesome. However, we’ve seen a lot of high-traffic venues that do this job well, and it works.
3. There must be patrols in the playground, especially the naughty castle slides, around the stairs, trampoline rock climbing, customs clearance, and other parts. Staff are required to patrol the playground. Once they see someone making unsafe actions, they must stop them in time.
4. After the equipment is installed, the relevant documents, such as the certificate of conformity, safety inspection, etc., should be prepared and placed in case of emergency.
5. Staff need first aid training, and there are many avenues of learning. Some knowledge can enable us to deal with some accidental injuries.
6. Parks must have the right insurance. Many owners do not know what kind of insurance they should have or what terms to seek. Let me generalize it here. At present, amusement places must have public liability insurance, which can solve the compensation of most accidents. But general liability insurance still has some inadequacies, that is, the need to decide liability first and then settle claims.